Ladybug Armor / Scarlet Embrace is not healing anymore?

Hi there,

i really love this game and i am a good amount of time into it. After the recent "hot and hazy" update i noticed the following two things which really takes the fun away for me at some point:

- The ladybug armor set still gives the crimson embrace buff which was permanently healing before. But this is now obviously not working anymore. I still have the buff shown in the inventory screen but my health does not tick upwards anymore. Is this wanted? If so, please do not nerf the ladybug armor in such a way.

- I noticed i am now permanently hungry and thirsty. Before the update i had much more time to explore and just play the game. Now i am continously distracted by having to gather food and since i cannot switch the game mode once started a game its really annoying to starve all the time or have to take care about food. In a game i want to explore the story and build things but i dont want to take care about hunger and thirst.

It would be really nice if you could make the ladybug armor working again as before and reduce the quick drain of saturation so the game can be played more casual again.

Thank you very much

Stoney

Hi Stonegate, 

A bunch of things have changed in this new patch. I posted 2 videos below in case you want an overview of it. 

Answering your questions:

1) Ladybug Armo Set: yes it has been nerfed. The passive HP regen, now, only works if you block an attack (doesn't need to be a perfect block).

2) Hunger and Thirst: your perception is correct. With the introduction of meals, survival indicators are decaying faster to push you to make and eat meals every ~10 hours of backyard time. Another solution, and that's what I did, was to level up my mutations to activate 5 mutations at once. This allows me to use Juicy Mutation which brings back the "old" balance to food decay.

Let me know if I can help you in any other way.  

Content Creator for Grounded at Youtube and Grounded Dossier  

Cool mate :) Thanks alot! I hope they will "un-nerf" the ladybug armor though.. It still says it has "scarlet embrace" and i think it should be as it was before. Its not necessary to make this game harder i think as this is a game you can play to build a base and to explore.. Not to fight an die all the time. Of course fighting and dying is part of this but i´d prefer to have a higher focus on the story and the exploration and base building as this is where i draw more fun from.. not from slaying moscitos or spiders ^^

By the way: a vertical half wall (with the height of the normal big wall) is really missed ^^

It sounds like you’d be happier playing on mild. Hunger and thirst aren’t really issues, just fill up in the morning and you’ll be good all day.  The full time Scarlett embrace was op tho. I didn’t realize how much of a crutch it had become for me until the public test. Now there’s a reason to make smoothies.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 12:39 PM, The_Partisan_Spy said:

2) Hunger and Thirst: your perception is correct. With the introduction of meals, survival indicators are decaying faster to push you to make and eat meals every ~10 hours of backyard time. Another solution, and that's what I did, was to level up my mutations to activate 5 mutations at once. This allows me to use Juicy Mutation which brings back the "old" balance to food decay.

this is also because we can now slow the burn rate of hunger and thirst with the milk molar upgrades.