If you are in a position where your main character escaped combat after your team died, but your team died on top of a now impossible encounter. Can you save a triple crown run by stealth killing them while unconscious?

In my triple crown run I was in a close game over where only my herald survived. Had to kite and summon and use all kinds of clutch tactics to make it, pulling mobs etc. I only made it because of Herald infinite healing. But what if you play triple crown with a no-sustain dps character in the same situation? Your entire team is dead on the ground too close to enemies. 

I was wondering. In a situation like this. Is it actually possible to save the playthrough, by stealth killing your unconscious party members? Since you can't leave the area or abandon your unconscious party members - you might end up in a no-win scenario. You either can't progress, or die to the remaining encounter. So can you in this case, take a bow, and attempt to shoot your injured unconscious party members to death to be able to leave the area?

Sure. You lose all your companions and their gear, and have to get those soulless adventurer companions. But at least it would save you from rerolling completely no?