I guys, I have a question regarding some skills mechanics.

Blunderbuss modal allows you to spread Arterial Strike in AOE. Now, when your assassin use that neat combo from stealth:

1. bonus from assassinate is added just to first pellet, burn AOE (and thus Arterial Strike) are calculated separately - without bonuses from assassinate;

or

2. bonus from assassinate is applied to Arterial Strike against everyone caught in AOE;

or

3. none of the above 😉

Or maybe Powder Burns gets rolled first and takes the Assasinate bonus and the actual bluderbuss shot gets nothing - don't remember how its done. Anyway only one part of the attack will get the bonus, not all of it.

A great AoE opener for an Assassin is the special attack "Thunderous Report" from the unique blunderbuss "Kitchen Stove".

Also most AoE spells like Fireball etc. will work well (all hit rolls in the AoE will get the bonus). 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I have done some testing myself. Just like Boeroer said - Powder Burns gets rolled first and takes the Assasinate bonus and the actual bluderbuss shot gets nothing.

Arterial Strike effect is carried by first pellet that hits a target, not by AOE dmg of Powder Burns. Though dmg of powder burns with assassinate bonus is quite nice, it doesn't spread Arterial Strike in AOE like Citzal's Lance would. 

31 minutes ago, whatever369 said:

Arterial Strike effect is carried by first pellet that hits a target, not by AOE dmg of Powder Burns. Though dmg of powder burns with assassinate bonus is quite nice, it doesn't spread Arterial Strike in AOE like Citzal's Lance would. 

Technically I think all pellets should carry special attack effects. That is what makes multi hits weapons so great for such attacks. Getting several rolls is ideal to increase the chances of getting at least 1 graze/hit/crit. Only 1 effect applies but you still keep the best roll.

Except for Tranquilizing shot that substract 30s for each graze+

And interrupts that can remove several layers of Concentration. Scourge of Bezzello is especially great cause you don't even need a special attack to remove several layers of Concentration.

Of course Scourge of Bezzello + Tranquilizing Shot will basically interrupt everything that can be interrupted...