Hello guys, it’s my first time posting here, but I’ve been playing for at least two months, and I already tested every class and role in the game, but never finished. I also already been following this forum and reading about all builds I find.

My idea is to go on a solo run, the main story at least.

I want to use a kind of tactical assassin, something like the Agent 47. I don’t want a duelist, but I don’t want a hit and run only, I want something more in the middle.

One of the class has to be Assassin. Trickster and SF doesn’t fit in the concept. I need the sneak attack bonus and don’t want to do long fights.

About the other class, I am not sure yet. This is what I thought:

Black Jacket: could change the weapons faster if the target comes into melee, and more survivability with the Fighter skills (Recovery, stance, armored Grace, unbending…)

Ghost Heart: The ranger’s accuracy will give me lots of crits, another mobility skill, can summon the pet for distraction if needed

Soulblade: provide good CCs and SA would help me finish at least one more target before I need to retreat

Forbidden Fist: Monks provide some good buffs, and the FF could give me some heal.

The idea is to open the fights with the arquebus, try to kill as many I can from range, then swap to melee and take down some more. But like I said, I don’t want a duelist, I want someone who can kill fast and vanish, not prolonged fights 

thanks if someone help me

• Like 1

Considering what you're looking for I think Solo SC Assassin is your best bet, speaking from the (of course still limited) experience of several Solo Upscaled PotD playthroughs with many Assassin combos. Many Assassin combos are amazing, but SC Assassin is IMO best for a hybrid ranged/melee approach.

The higher level abilities Vanishing Strike and Gambit will be so strong, on top of all the other great Assassin tools. Vanishing Strike gives you invisibility that DOESN'T break whatsoever, for a limited period of time (which means among other goodies, many Backstab instances).

You can open with 2 Arquebus shots including one Vanishing Strike, then switch to anything from Hand Mortar/Fire in the Hole (Thunderous Report) or  go melee with dual wielding: the list of relevant weapons is long, and it includes Monastic Unarmed Training.

However, be advised that melee while invisible is sometimes frustrating if the enemies moves around because they can't see you (you get the Miss: out of range and waste an attack).

If you're interested in pure ranged, I have posted the build below that can clear all MegaBosses etc. Sometimes in late game DLC encounters you need to rely on Arcana to help, but 95% of the game is a cakewalk.

Also did a fun melee-focused one:

And if you want to see what insane cheese can do with an SC Assassin... (this is uber uber stinky cheese)

Edited by Not So Clever Hound

1 minute ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

Considering what you're looking for I think Solo SC Assassin is your best bet, speaking from the (of course still limited) experience of several Solo Upscaled PotD playthroughs with many Assassin combos. Many Assassin combos are amazing, but SC Assassin is IMO best for a hybrid ranged/melee approach.

The higher level abilities Vanishing Strike and Gambit will be so strong, on top of all the other great Assassin tools. Vanishing Strike gives you invisibility that DOESN'T break whatsoever, for a limited period of time (which means among other goodies, many Backstab instances).

You can open with 2 Arquebus shots including one Vanishing Strike, then switch to anything from Hand Mortar/Fire in the Hole (Thunderous Report) or  go melee with dual wielding: the list of relevant weapons is long, and it includes Monastic Unarmed Training.

However, be advised that melee while invisible is sometimes frustrating if the enemies moves around because they can't see you (you get the Miss: out of range and waste an attack).

If you're interested in pure ranged, I have posted the build below that can clear all MegaBosses etc. Sometimes in late game DLC encounters you need to rely on Arcana to help, but 95% of the game is a cakewalk.

Thanks, I will take a look on your build and see if I can adapt, otherwise I will try the SC Assassin.

• Like 1

Steel Garrote/Assassin is a good sniper and has very good survivability because he can drain health with each hit on top of his infinite regeneration. The Tactician/Assassin can recover his resources and can also be played as a sniper/melee.