I wanted to take ideas from the builds here, but they are too old, the game after the patches had many changes and they don't seem very feasible.

I have never used a wizard, just once to test, and in group, the idea is to make a solo in POTD with him, but I have not very clear the stats, I had thought something like this:

POD - 17
CON - 10
DEX - 10
PER - 19
INT - 19
RES - 3
Old Vailia - Vagabond

It would be with Pale Elf, but I'm not sure if it will be too slow to cast magics and attacks with summoned staff, opinions? Another build I had thought of would be like this:

POD - 14
CON - 6
DEX - 18
PER - 16
INT - 18
RES - 6
Pale Elf - Old Vailia - Vagabond

But I have doubts as to whether it will be low CON and low PER, especially CON.

The idea is not to skip fights, do all the fights I find, I don't like to skip fights and leave them for later, I don't use stealth to get equipment, I kill what I see in front of me, and I understand that the best classes to do this are Wizard, chanter and priest, that's why I chose wizard.

PS: Another option I was considering is a full min/max, CON and RES at minimum, but with such a low CON I don't know if it is feasible, at least not without avoiding combats, which is precisely what I don't want to do.

Edit: Ok, in the end I decided on these stats:

POD - 17
CON - 10
DEX - 4
PER - 18
INT - 19
RES - 10
Moon Godlike - Living Lands

So far it's going pretty well, I've been able to kill the bears in the cave of the second map and the group of wolves in level 2 without much problem (ok, the bears killed me 2 times xD but nothing else).

The Wizard is pretty strong, even though the attacks are slow with 4 dex only, this looks good hehe

Edited by davoker

Impossible to kill Raedric at level 5 with my Wizard, I've tried every possible way, I exhaust my magics, potions, scrolls, I've tried doing a funnel in a door, going straight ahead too, but straight ahead is worse, they surround you, flank you and then kill you in seconds xD

Level 5 is low level for Raedric in POTD with wizard? it's impossible for me, I've been trying to kill him for 5 hours and I can't do it xD 5 HOURS OMG 🤣 And I haven't seen any solo with wizard on youtube where they kill Raedric at level 5 in POTD, all of them are 7 minimum, from there up.

Edited by davoker

6 hours ago, davoker said:

Level 5 is low level for Raedric in POTD with wizard? 

Solo? yes! 😅 Way too few spells for that imo. 

That fight is difficult for the majority of players at lvl 4 or 5 even with a full party. It's nice with solo Chanter, but Wizard... no idea. My first impulse would have been to use mutiple Chillfogs from a chokepoint and then apply Combusting Wounds. Or kiting with Deletrious Alacrity maybe. If you're lucky only few will follow a bit and the rest wil turn around - you might be able to kill the few and then maybe the encounter resets?  

With solo Barb I came back once I had Heart of Fury. ;) 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hey guys! 

Im pretty sure you can kill readric at level 5 as solo wizard. Wouldnt recommend it in ultimate, but if you have ability to save that shouldnt be that hard. Tips i can drop: 

1. When you first go to the readric tell him, you will kill kolsc. That will grant you access to the entire keep (except dungeon) and allow you to loot everything and grab some sweet items.

2. Use money to get yourself deadfire belt (dlc vendor) and figurine with animat (gilded vale smith) upgrade belt to full. 

3. As you progress towards battle, grab other essential items from 'random' drop: day 2: deflection and protection rings (wolf guarded hidden stash and cementary hidden stash) day 5: gloves of manipulation (chest near the dead readric wife), day 6: boots of stability (readric keep dungeon near leader) day 9: gloves of accuracy (hidden stash rooftop in readric castle)  

You can use priest to rest for free and skip time.

4. Dead body  thats southwest on margrans fork  map will have either fine pollaxe or fine greatsword. This weapon is really good on every class. (except monk) Enchant it with fire (hidden stash in the dragon skull) and you have enough to get you through act 1. And yes, its good even on casters. 

6. Get fast runner when solo. It will allow you to splitpull most of the packs, and will be needed when fighting readric.

7. Battle itself: close the door so the other guards are not pulled.  Start south east,  pull one of guys with ranged (crossbow because of long range) and run through door  to room with his dead wife and another room. If you do that right, only 1-2 enemies will come after you. Wear full plate arnour with fine enchant to neglect incoming damage. With your mage toolkit you should be more than fine.

BATTLE WITH READRIC CANT BE RESETED. 

So as long as even one of his guards is alive, you wont be able to switch gear etc. 

Im whole day at work today (8.05) but I will try to post video of killing him tommorow :) anyway good luck!

• Like 1

In the end I made it, I didn't funnel in a door, I stood next to the throne, with my back to the wall (so I wouldn't be flanked), I summoned the animatra I bought in Glided Valle, which lasted me a few seconds alive xD

I cast all the magics I had at my disposal, which are few, Chillfog and Combusting Wounds, Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon, in short, what I had at my disposal, I managed to kill him but it was the hardest fight I've done in this game, I always play on hard difficulty and in group, a solo in POTD is proving to be a real challenge hehe

About getting items by doing the sleeping tactic, I don't make use of that kind of thing, I play normal and the loot I get is the loot I keep, it's more fun that way for me 😜

I wanted to try a min/max build, leaving CON and RES at 3, I know the base game pretty well, I haven't played much of the DLCs in my games, I'm used to playing on "hard" and in group, so playing SOLO in POTD is still very new for me.

The Wizard as you have told me here, is very strong and I can tell he is capable of SOLOing perfectly, but in this build with 3 of CON even the leaves falling from the trees kill me 🤣

I'm still getting used to wearing the wizard with such a low CON, I'm compensating with other attributes, currently I use:

18 POD
3 CON
16 DEX
18 PER
20 INT
3 RES
Old Vailia - Vagabond - Moon Godlike

I don't make use of the famous guide to get the "good" loot, I play with what the game offers me, and the loot is sometimes a real **** xD but well, little by little I'm getting the rhythm 😅

In my own defense, I can say that at least, the 5 wolves of the second map, where the bear cave is, I kill them in the first try, I even consider it an achievement for me 😆 and the bears of the cave took me 3 tries, at level 2 all, that map I leave it clean before leaving, it's a habit already hehe, the group of thieves, if they could beg, for sure they would, but from that map onwards the encounters are really complicated some of them, with such a low CON at least.

Edited by davoker

I guess "POD" is Might? :)

Imo the problem with low CON isn't mainly the lowish endurance but the low health. Wizards don't really start with good health to begin with and the level-ups aren't great either (in that regard).

Unlike a party Wizard one might consider taking Infuse with Vital Essence as spell mastery when going solo. It will offer you actual health gains which even persist after combat, scales with healing bonuses (such as from camping/survival and of course MIG) and can somewhat counter that problem. It can make stuff like Wound Binding obsolete.

Of course you can always rest and just get to 100% health right away. But that can also be very inconvenient at times due to the limit to camping supplies on PotD. Also in some (long) fights it's not the low endurance that kills you (if you have enough sources of normal healing) but the low health. 

For endurance I found that Veteran's Recovery isn't the worst pick for a melee or solo Wizard, at least for the early to mid game.

I found Munacra Arret to be a very useful item when soloing, no matter which class. 

I also never use tables/spreadsheets etc. I just take what's in the box. I also try to avoid consumables. But that's just me.

18 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I guess "POD" is Might? :)

Imo the problem with low CON isn't mainly the lowish endurance but the low health. Wizards don't really start with good health to begin with and the level-ups aren't great either (in that regard).

Unlike a party Wizard one might consider taking Infuse with Vital Essence as spell mastery when going solo. It will offer you actual health gains which even persist after combat, scales with healing bonuses (such as from camping/survival and of course MIG) and can somewhat counter that problem. It can make stuff like Wound Binding obsolete.

Of course you can always rest and just get to 100% health right away. But that can also be very inconvenient at times due to the limit to camping supplies on PotD. Also in some (long) fights it's not the low endurance that kills you (if you have enough sources of normal healing) but the low health. 

For endurance I found that Veteran's Recovery isn't the worst pick for a melee or solo Wizard, at least for the early to mid game.

I found Munacra Arret to be a very useful item when soloing, no matter which class. 

I also never use tables/spreadsheets etc. I just take what's in the box. I also try to avoid consumables. But that's just me.

Yes, POD is MIG, sorry hehe (POD -> PODER -> Spanish - I have bad English too, sorry xD)

I understand you, I myself limit the use of rests and consumables, I only use consumables in combats that I consider complicated, which can become long.

A doubt, a weapon that increases accuracy and damage against a type of enemy, if it is equipped affects the accuracy and damage of your magics to that enemy?

7 hours ago, davoker said:

A doubt, a weapon that increases accuracy and damage against a type of enemy, if it is equipped affects the accuracy and damage of your magics to that enemy?

Usually that's not the case. Weapon effects usually only affect attacks with that weapon, not spells*. On the (bad) flipside a shield that has an accuracy malus will also lower your spells' accuracy.

There's one exception that comes to my mind: Single one handed weapon usage (gives +12 accuracy with that weapon) will also give +12 ACC with offensive chants (e.g. The Dragon Thrashed). I guess it's a little error that never got fixed. 

Edited by Boeroer

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

On the (bad) flipside a shield that has an accuracy malus will also lower your spells' accuracy.

I didn't understand that part, could you explain it better? using a shield reduces the accuracy of magics? how is that possible?

You understood correctly. :)

Wearing a medium shield will reduce your accuracy by 4 points. For weapon attacks but also for spells. With a large shield it's -8. Small shields do nothing to your accuracy - so those have no drawback for spellcasting.

how is that possible?

Somebody coded it that way. ;) 

---

Since you asked for weapon affects that also affect spellcasting: weapons that give you an attribute bonus (e.g. Godasthunyr +1 MIG or Abydon's Hammer +4 MIG) will also affect your spellcasting of course (more MIG = more spell damage).
Another weapon that somewhat has an effect on spells is Spelltongue: the action speed it drains from enemies works with everything, also spellcasting. But it doesn't stack with stuff like Deleterious Alacrity of Motion.  
I don't recall any other weapons in PoE that did something good for spellcasting.  

Edited by Boeroer

On 5/14/2021 at 10:05 AM, Boeroer said:

You understood correctly. :)

Wearing a medium shield will reduce your accuracy by 4 points. For weapon attacks but also for spells. With a large shield it's -8. Small shields do nothing to your accuracy - so those have no drawback for spellcasting.

Somebody coded it that way. ;) 

---

Since you asked for weapon affects that also affect spellcasting: weapons that give you an attribute bonus (e.g. Godasthunyr +1 MIG or Abydon's Hammer +4 MIG) will also affect your spellcasting of course (more MIG = more spell damage).
Another weapon that somewhat has an effect on spells is Spelltongue: the action speed it drains from enemies works with everything, also spellcasting. But it doesn't stack with stuff like Deleterious Alacrity of Motion.  
I don't recall any other weapons in PoE that did something good for spellcasting.  

Well I thought shields didn't affect spells, with weapons obviously yes, weapon + shield of -4 or -8 accuracy, but I didn't know it applied to spells too, anyway with mage I carry small shields, but it's good to know.

Edit: 

I don't feel comfortable doing min/max and leaving RES and CON at minimum, I also don't feel comfortable with the moon godlike race, I like to equip helmets and there are a lot of useful ones xD

I'm going to do something more balanced with the wizard, I've tried a build with dex at minimum, but it was a bit slow, with DAOM it's solved a bit, but I still think dex 4 is slow for my personal taste.

I will leave the DEX at 10, with equipment and bonus + DAOM will be much faster than with dex at 4, and I will choose pale elf as race, you could say it's my favorite race hehe (but above all for its racial resistance to the elements of fire and ice).

I still don't know what build I will build, but I will avoid min/max, at least avoid it on 2 attributes, I can lower one attribute to something medium, but I won't do min/max anymore, Wizard Pale Elf Ice affinity.

Edit:

The magic Ninagauth's Bitter Mooring is considered "DOT"?

Edited by davoker