2 hours ago, Griffonheart said:

What's a community patch?

See my signature. It's a mod done by some veteran forum members here that balances a few "broken" things and also adds some UI goodies (like unique passive icons that otherwise are all the same). If you're on console you can't use it though. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

See my signature. It's a mod done by some veteran forum members here that balances a few "broken" things and also adds some UI goodies (like unique passive icons that otherwise are all the same). If you're on console you can't use it though. 

How does Obsidian look at players utilizing this patch, if I may ask?

Do you have a list of favored abilities for your Psion/Troubadour build? 🙏

1 hour ago, Griffonheart said:

How does Obsidian look at players utilizing this patch, if I may ask?

Err... very fondly?

1 hour ago, Griffonheart said:

Do you have a list of favored abilities for your Psion/Troubadour build? 🙏

I personally used Killer Froze Stiff (+later the upgrade) and Soul Shock most often combined with Brisk Recitation. Because high INT + Lingering Echoes with Killers often leads to such a long paralysis that you get 4 phrases back before the enemies are free again. Paralyze-lock basically. Later I also used more high-level spells like Borrowed Instinct etc. - but still mostly a mix of CC + dmg.

I also tried a variant of Mind Control + Summons. I called it "the Recruiter". ;) Using the Troubadour phrases to call summons (+Many Lives Pass By chant later) and the Psion side to (mass) charm/dominate. I made it so that only one enemy was left "hostile" who then faced all the summons + charmed/dominated enemies. This is extremely powerful but it felt so cheesy that I didn't pursue this path further. 

But it also depends on your role. A Psion-Troubadour can also focus on support and healing.

A *very* versatile multiclass - so it's difficult to name the "best" abilities. Depends on your party composition, too. If you have a lot of buffing and debuffig/CC from other party members already the Psion/Troubadour could use Soul Shock or Mind Blades or Echo beams + Her Revenge all the time for pure damage for example. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods