Is this person still at Obsidian?

Tencatta

So I was browsing Reddit for Bloodlines 2 news and saw a post in the /vtmb forum (not going to link it in case that violates the rules), but someone went through the Paradox ex-employee reviews on the net and found a weird comment from one of the Paradox ex-producers claiming there had been some incident of sexual misconduct with regards to a Pillars 1 marketing event... and both Obsidian and Paradox had covered it up/went silent on it.

I found some references on the net, but I didn't realize that this had happened at an Obsidian event.

Does anyone know if the marketing manager (Shane DeFrest?) involved in this incident is still at Obsidian? The fact he was retained for a good amount of time after what happened makes me uneasy.

It's this incident (this isn't the link I'd prefer to share):

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/07/07/vampire-the-masquerade-developer-shane-defreest-refutes-jessie-pridemores-sexual-assault-allegation/

Speaking hypothetically as post-Obsidian producer, the CEO at Obsidian hired this person because he was a friend (nepotism and Obsidian are the same thing), and the CEO absolutely knew what happened and so did Paradox.

I imagine they went silent and covered it up because of the damage it could cause both companies, and because the marketing event was done by both companies. Both share the blame.

Since he seems to live in Stockholm since 2016 I guess he's no longer connected to Obsidian.

1 hour ago, EveryThorn said:

Speaking hypothetically as post-Obsidian producer

What does that mean?

nepotism and Obsidian are the same thing

Why would you say that? Do you have examples? 

the CEO absolutely knew what happened and so did Paradox.

Who said or wrote that? I mean besides the hypothetically speaking post-Obsidian producer (still don't know what to make of that tbh).
After reading the article you posted it seems that Shane DeFreest and Jessie Pridemore are the only ones who at least have a chance to really know what happened. Not that I want to dismiss the claims (and I would be interested to know if there are other women who claim similar things - since I despise such toxic predatory behavior which should be eradicated universally), but what lead you to the assumption(?) that the CEO of Obsidian and Paradox absolutely knew what happened - do you have special insights? If so please share!

Imo: even if somebody approached Obsidian/Paradox and told them about the event (e.g. Pridemore herself or the model she was with) they would have had to ask DeFreest about his version of th story. If he said "Hey that's not what happened I swear!" and Pridemore seemlingly(?) didn't want to push this further back then - what could they really know and what were they supposed to do? 

I imagine

Yes, it seems so. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

2 hours ago, Tencatta said:

Does anyone know if the marketing manager (Shane DeFrest?) involved in this incident is still at Obsidian? The fact he was retained for a good amount of time after what happened makes me uneasy.

You seem to have experienced this differently from Jessie Pridemoor, you claim to know the events better than her?

“He was fired from Obsidian shortly after. I only told a few people. He would message me periodically to tell be my new photos were sexy or whatever. I blocked him from everything,”

Closing this thread here, but I would recommend reading EveryThorn's link for the details.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• Gorth locked this topic