It political discussion tolerated here?

Ozymandias

what good would that be on a game-dev board?

i hope it's not tolerated, because "political discussions" turn out to be a great throwing around of polemic opinions. the one with the fastest tongue and greatest mouth wins. i'm usually not that one, so such discussions suck, imo.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Just because you're not good at it, it sucks?

Bizarro.

I hope it's 'tolerated', freedom of speech and all that crap. I think we'll end up talking about '^-^ whats ur favurite lite-sabre culor?' than '^-^ What do you think of the economical situation in China and are they a threat to our guns and s**t'.

>*

megatron: hehe, that was the joke in my post. sorry, didn't think a ;) would be necessary...

as long as the discussion goes about chinese economy, it might be ok, cause we all don't know much about it (i assume). but when it comes down to the usa politics, to the israel / arabian conflict, to germany's schr

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

First of all any discussion isn't about a big mouth, but arguments and facts, so not being good at discussion doesn't mean having such topics around are necessarily bad. It might even teach you some new insights/skill (provided you're open for critic of course).

I don't see no reason why a political discussion shouldn't be put here at WOT. I'm sure there are better forums/platforms for those, but it doesn't mean it should be left out of here. As long as it is played by the rules.

Crazy whacks eh?

I think you should allow 'extreme' politics to be discussed, they exist and you can't ignore them. So long as you don't just write 'I HATE BUSH/BLACKS/COMMIES/NAZIS', discussion should be allowed. It is the off-topic forum, why not?

Too many political topics are annoying though, espeacially when nobody knows what there talking about and provides no facts. Mostly though it's useless as each side just keeps repeating themselves and not willing to take on any ideas or points of view.

cheers

>*

why do i feel like putting on some Desert camoflage and arming myself with an AK and RPG launcher for some off reason? heh... Arm the Mob! but yeah maybe we shiuld haev the extreme ideals. Bush=Miserable Totalitarian Idiot of the century..whoops uhhh i mean uhh *Runs* (im in a cave somewhere in the middle east... muahahah now Bush and his cronies cant find me) lol

nope... i just have extremist ideas and like to keep it under wraths for the time beings. lets just say i dont like the killings of human life *shudder* plus this is my first time on a official forum *cough* *dies of heart attack* *is reborn*

and we have a point there! thats wat political discussions do. it starts with disagreement.... then a spark of an ongoing hatredness. then its all out war as peple start throwing vulgar language but in the end there is no victory (plus some supression in freedom and speech)

Most people are allowed to carry on conversations without calling people names. I think you're just whining (supression in freedom and speech? Isn't telling us NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION supression instead of some guy calling you dumb?).

It's silly to be afraid to discuss politics because it might end as a flame-war. It might end up as a cure for cancer, so carry on posting dawgs.

>*

and we have a point there! thats wat political discussions do. it starts with disagreement.... then a spark of an ongoing hatredness. then its all out war as peple start throwing vulgar language but in the end there is no victory (plus some supression in freedom and speech)

Yeah, or it'll be a backslapping, tree-hugging session, with everyone gathered 'round congratulating each other for agreeing with each other.

As far as I'm concerned, the whole point of discussions with extreme views are for people to read those views and then find their own middle ways.

:D

I find that political discussion just helps a person define his political stand-point. I don't really think about politics much besides when I see/heard people discussing it and make a decision. It also helps to further set your opinions as you have more input and reactions.

So really political discussion takes me further away from the point you're trying to prove mabye.

>*

*shudders* it can wipe my mind clean on somedays. *cough* for example political discusssion on gamespy arcade. like when the russians were talking politics one of them disagree and got in a temper and started attacking his fellow colleagues then got banend from coming into the place

Yes or no?

Once an administrator clears that up, this thread can be closed.

It's fine in this forum with an incredibly large caveat:

If it starts to sound any less than civilized, the threads in question will be deleted, and political discussion will no longer be allowed. All we ask is that the political discussion is based on what you really think, and not just another clever ploy to incite trouble on the borads :)