• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I wanted to post here im having the same issue. I use PC / Steam

Hundreds of saves from many hours of gameplay... my location always loads to same place, and my inventory is reverted to early game inventory (old armor, other gear etc from a long time ago)

The rest of the world/progress seems ok as far as i can tell.

Incase it sheds some light here is what happened to me:

1) Our internet was out for a day, i played in steam offline mode.
2) When internet came back on, i correctly chose it to push my current saves to the cloud (the newer information)
3) When i started the game it took a minute and resynced my new saves to the cloud, i can see in the saves directory in user save games folder I have 250ish MB of saves, all the data seems there.
4) I have noted that when steam is in OFFLINE mode, the saves actually load ok. But in ONLINE mode, the saves load but with the above 3 issues.
5) per some others advice, i have backed up my saves as a precaution, and ive also tried removing some as i have alot of saves, ive also tried turning off cloud sync all together in settings for the game. None of this helped.

For now, i can play my single player saves in offline mode as a workaround... but im very iffy on the games stabilty with saves now and would rather have cloud backup as well!

Hope this might help someone and offer some more insight to the issue.

Edited by edenb83
some clarification/spelling etc