Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Cant start a new game cant host a mp game cant load an old save.. game just crashes to desktop after selecting player character V0.3.0.2426 or trying to load ANY old save EVERYTIME without fail.. game worked fine before the beta have seen other posts about this but everyone ended with "FIXED" which it 100% is not since i cant play at all anymore.

system specs well above min
win 10 x64
32gb DDR 4
m.2 SSD(s)
GTX 1080
 

  • Hmmm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they're working towards the stable build given that there's a tweet saying the content update will be on the 30th. It's unclear to me on what happens then on this test build but hopefully the crashing is just because this is a test build. I encountered it as well a few days so I switched back to stable build and tried the test build again earlier and encountered the same like you. I decided to switch back to the stable build since the update is coming anyway.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MaDMaXz said:

Cant start a new game cant host a mp game cant load an old save.. game just crashes to desktop after selecting player character V0.3.0.2426 or trying to load ANY old save EVERYTIME without fail.. game worked fine before the beta have seen other posts about this but everyone ended with "FIXED" which it 100% is not since i cant play at all anymore.

system specs well above min
win 10 x64
32gb DDR 4
m.2 SSD(s)
GTX 1080
 

I would wait in two days there should be a new update.  Have you tried verifying your files??  Maybe your HDD is corrupt or the game filies??    This happened to me but they fixed in last update.  Have you uninstalled/reinstalled it?  Are you on Game Pass or Steam???

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tecknotot said:

I would wait in two days there should be a new update.  Have you tried verifying your files??  Maybe your HDD is corrupt or the game filies??    This happened to me but they fixed in last update.  Have you uninstalled/reinstalled it?  Are you on Game Pass or Steam???

steam, have verified files and reinstalled with no diffrence :( frustrating but as you say hopefully its fixed by 30th otherwise will be fair few people not to happy 🤣

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MaDMaXz said:

steam, have verified files and reinstalled with no diffrence :( frustrating but as you say hopefully its fixed by 30th otherwise will be fair few people not to happy 🤣

Oddly I have the game in both Steam (for PTS) and Game Pass, both run fine now with no crashes upon loading so thats why I think it might be on your side?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tecknotot said:

Oddly I have the game in both Steam (for PTS) and Game Pass, both run fine now with no crashes upon loading so thats why I think it might be on your side?

non beta files work fine its a fresh pc wayyyy above spec everything fully upto date inc bios which runs way more intensive applications with no problems so please do tell me again how its my side... if non beta files were crashing and other applications did not run or had issues id be inclined to side with you but beacuse you dont have the issue it MUST be my end is just silly i mean since we dont have the same hardware for start and with such a vast array of possible causes let alone others above saying they have the same issue.. thats abit of a moronic statement but thanks none the less

Edited by MaDMaXz
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have basically the same issue. Steam on PC Windows 10 20H2. Right after character selection the game will crash to desktop during that loading screen. After a certain number of attempts it will successfully load into the game, but it's pretty random. Sometimes it will load in on the first attempt, sometimes it will take over 10 attempts before it loads successfully. This is a MP game that I am hosting. It crashes when trying to do something CPU intensive during the loading process because I can see the power draw ramp up for a bit, and the CPU fans ramp as well. There is always a little bit of a "pause" or "stutter" in the "Loading" graphic at the lower left portion of the screen. It will either crash, or the loading wheel graphic with start spinning again and the game will load successfully.  This is a 2 person multiplayer game. I have only been able to get the game to work properly with 2 players once. This was when the game was a brand new save. Now, once I can successfully load the game, it will consistently crash to desktop once the other player joins. This is on a fresh Windows 10 install with only Steam, Grounded, and Chrome installed. Latest MB bios, latest drivers for everything(GPU, chipset, Ethernet, etc.) DXDIAG doesn't indicate any issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...