Things to add

Option to create a custom player

Public/Private servers ( sort of like ARK) - Sometimes my friends wants to play while I am at work but is unable because of the current save system.

Ladybug/spider taming/riding (or other bugs)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EdenAngel said:

Option to create a custom player

Public/Private servers ( sort of like ARK) - Sometimes my friends wants to play while I am at work but is unable because of the current save system.

Ladybug/spider taming/riding (or other bugs)

How would a custom player even work? each of the 4 teens you play as have their own personalities, and with the introduction of perks in 0.2, the possibility of them getting unique perks in a future update isn't out of the question. Besides, character customization is only really important for MMOs where random strangers encounter one another; not co-op games. Left 4 Dead works just fine without character customization, despite all 4 characters having the same stats.

They said they are working on implementing public/private servers.

#notaming. I can see you manipulating a ladybug into carrying you around by dangling an aphid on a stick in front of it, but ladybugs don't have that big of an appetite, so that wouldn't work very well. And no way you're going to do that for a spider; it will turn on you the second you get off of them. Arthropods are heartless (literally; blood just sloshes around inside of them) creatures that know not love and kindness; only fear and hunger. Spiders will even eat one another. They are monsters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gearhart said:

How would a custom player even work? each of the 4 teens you play as have their own personalities, and with the introduction of perks in 0.2, the possibility of them getting unique perks in a future update isn't out of the question. Besides, character customization is only really important for MMOs where random strangers encounter one another; not co-op games. Left 4 Dead works just fine without character customization, despite all 4 characters having the same stats.

Currently there are ZERO player customization options ... 
so no idea if it's even anything they are considering ... but personally I'd like to see it too 
Everyone wants to show a little personal creativity and flair in themselves and the characters they play - that's why the Fashion Industry is so huge

and there are a TON of ways this could be implemented
Adding whole new characters .... expensive on Obsidian's end (new voice acting required) - Definitely a PAID DLC option

Custom Armor / Gear Skins / Weapon Skins / Hair Styles and Colors ... mostly just new Art Assets, and code for handling such ~ IHO - Best Option
        this would be a great option for Special Event / Seasonal Event / Holiday Event  Unlockables ... 
        Also .... endless Micro-Transaction possibilities that have No Effect on Gameplay - yet increase the Game Budget for adding other New and Awesome Things
       and if you're going this route .... don't forget ~ GIFTING ~ Just having the OPTION to go into the Custom Skins Purchase Menu ... and EASILY Gift an item to a Friend or nearby player in your current/recent game sessions will SIGNIFICANTLY increase the number of purchases made .... People LOVE giving Gifts to their Friends and Associates 
      Best Yet .... I'll bet that Obsidian ~already has~ a number of already made or half made armor and weapon options from ideas that were cool, but just didn't make it into the Release Build

On 9/28/2020 at 7:02 AM, Gearhart said:

They said they are working on implementing public/private servers.

#notaming. I can see you manipulating a ladybug into carrying you around by dangling an aphid on a stick in front of it, but ladybugs don't have that big of an appetite, so that wouldn't work very well. And no way you're going to do that for a spider; it will turn on you the second you get off of them. Arthropods are heartless (literally; blood just sloshes around inside of them) creatures that know not love and kindness; only fear and hunger. Spiders will even eat one another. They are monsters.

agree with this all except the heartless comment.  that's incorrect.  they have hearts, typically just a dorsal heart, it doesn't work like ours but it's there and definitely needed.  It's not a circulatory system where it has to return to the heart like ours is.  Spiders are different than most other arthropods.  they have different, and typically more, valves in their heart, and their hemolymph (blood) is also used similar to hydraulic fluid. it's used to move their legs, and also helps to add pressure when molting.  I guess you could say in a way it just sloshes around inside of them, they don't have veins, or most don't, to carry the blood, it travels though cavities in the body directed by the heart valves.

Xbox One X

10 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

agree with this all except the heartless comment.  that's incorrect.  they have hearts, typically just a dorsal heart, it doesn't work like ours but it's there and definitely needed.  It's not a circulatory system where it has to return to the heart like ours is.  Spiders are different than most other arthropods.  they have different, and typically more, valves in their heart, and their hemolymph (blood) is also used similar to hydraulic fluid. it's used to move their legs, and also helps to add pressure when molting.  I guess you could say in a way it just sloshes around inside of them, they don't have veins, or most don't, to carry the blood, it travels though cavities in the body directed by the heart valves.

I didn't know that much about spiders ... and that's just more creepy now ... 

10 hours ago, Gnith said:

I didn't know that much about spiders ... and that's just more creepy now ... 

my son did his 4 year high school project on Tarantulas,  i learned a lot with him in those 4 years we raised and studied them.

Xbox One X

Heres an idea I was thinking would be awsome, I don't know if everyone did this, but when I was younger I would make costumes out of cardboard, so I was think what if you could make spider costumes or something that would make spiders or some bugs not notice you or certain bugs would attack more, mabye it would have really low defense so it isn't OP or something.

16 hours ago, BeeBus said:

Heres an idea I was thinking would be awsome, I don't know if everyone did this, but when I was younger I would make costumes out of cardboard, so I was think what if you could make spider costumes or something that would make spiders or some bugs not notice you or certain bugs would attack more, mabye it would have really low defense so it isn't OP or something.

ant armor already does this,  soldier ants don't attack you unless you attack first.

It would be cool though to have other camo type options so different bugs would be less likely to see you if you're crouched and sneaky.

Xbox One X

On 9/30/2020 at 6:10 PM, BeeBus said:

That wouldn't work for spiders. They'll just as soon eat each other as a prey. (Side note, when will that behavior get added?)