EPIC game failure

I just completed construction of the first floor of my structure.  I needed to install a door.  I placed the shadow and started building it and as soon as I installed the stem  for the door, the entire ring of  first floor walls deconstructed.  This isn't the first time.  The entire recycling system is broken.  If you attempt to recycle one section anything connected to that section deconstructs as well.   This is a game breaking issue

Edited by Arclight

8 hours ago, Arclight said:

I just completed construction of the first floor of my structure.  I needed to install a door.  I placed the shadow and started building it and as soon as I installed the stem  for the door, the entire ring of  first floor walls deconstructed.  This isn't the first time.  The entire recycling system is broken.  If you attempt to recycle one section anything connected to that section deconstructs as well.   This is a game breaking issue

Yeah, there are a lot of bugs. After some experimentation I got used to many, but I still save everytime before I remove any possibly supporting structure. 

Removing a blueprint that then breaks already build parts is now the most common problem that I run into sometimes.

Building in most games is difficult and buggy... 
What I've found that helps ... is having multiple "Anchor Points"
Points where a building piece intersects something solid in the game world.
The ground, a rock, boulder, juicebox, tree ... 
Oddly as difficult as those pieces are to place sometimes ... they also anchor the structure to the world.

When you place a piece it's anchored to one or more pieces next to it. 
When you destroy a piece, anything that used the piece you destroyed as an anchor WILL deconstruct. 
giving these pieces multiple anchor points to unchangeable parts of the world helps to stabilize your structure, and prevent De-Construction Crashes.

On 9/5/2020 at 10:25 AM, Gnith said:

What I've found that helps ... is having multiple "Anchor Points"
Points where a building piece intersects something solid in the game world.

that's not needed, those will collapse as well in my experience.  You need a base structure to support it.  like a foundation or scaffold.  Sounds like the OP was missing the base connection points.

Xbox One X