Bug Hit Reactions

Just a small gripe, but I noticed with bugs like Lawn Mites, if you interrupt their attack animation where they jump into the air, they just reset to be back on the ground in front of you.

It's a little jarring, and if you added a new behaviour where they get knocked back a bit instead, they could do a forward launching attack again, which would make them a bit more difficult/interesting to fight.

Just my thoughts; I would love to hear what other people think, too.

10 hours ago, ReteroX said:

It's a little jarring, and if you added a new behaviour where they get knocked back a bit instead, they could do a forward launching attack again, which would make them a bit more difficult/interesting to fight.

I find them more of a pest than a challenge to actually fight so I can't say that I've noticed the animation too much. (I tend to either kill them before they notice me or just ignore them 😂). But yes, I am all for additional combat behaviours to all animals, just like with the addition to spiders which makes them unpredictable or challenging in higher game modes. I like the idea of them being able to attack more frequently after a knockback but would like to see an increase in mite numbers too (within their current zones), so its more like you are being swarmed. (not harmful on their own but can be a problem as a group).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daedro said:

would like to see an increase in mite numbers too (within their current zones), so its more like you are being swarmed. (not harmful on their own but can be a problem as a group).

that would probably cause lag and crash issues on some systems.  I think they're fine.  quite easy to find and collect their fuzz when needed,  3 hits with a spear or 2 with larvae blade and they're dead.  they don't live long enough to expand on their animations.  I'd like to see more animations for the harder bugs though.

Xbox One X