Creature Suggestions

Again, this is just a reposting of a previous one I had up during the early version of this forum. That seemed to have been lost. I'll omit adding anything that has already been mentioned by the team. And already be in the pipeline.

This list is for additional creatures and the materials that may be harvested from them. I also had an idea I mentioned in the older post regarding the idea of high level hunts. And now that BurgL has finally been added in. These hunts could be quests. And there's hunts that could be exclusive to the multiplayer.

Pillbugs- small isopod that rolls up if attacked. Commonly found at night. Drops insect plating.

Snails- have yet to be mentioned. Despite seeing empty shells. They will withdraw into their shells at night or when attacked. The hammer will be needed to break the shell. But keeping the shell intact will allow it to be usable for crafting. Drops would be snail meat, snail mucous and the shell.

Moths- appear around the lanterns at night. Their wings are suitable for crafting a glider while the dust has other uses.

Butterflies- flutter around the flowers during the day. Their wings are a bit better for glider crafting. But the bright colors might attract airborne predators when in use.

Caterpillars- are like grubs but are only found in the branches of the tree and hedges. Eating leaves. They can spin cocoons which can be harvested for the silk. Their drops are hide, meat and silk glands.

Slugs- appear at night. Drops are slug mucous and meat.

Fuzzy Worms- are like caterpillars. Except covered by poisonous spines. They are a little bit aggressive and should only be attacked with a spear or ranged weapons. Their drops are hide, silk glands and spines.

Earwigs- aggressive and nocturnal. They will give chase to both aphids, mites and you. Their drops are the pincers.

Ant Lions- found only in the sandbox. They create funnels that traps ants and other small creatures. 

Leafcutter Ants- bring bag the white "larvae" place holder soldier ants as leaf cutters that exclusively roam the hedge. But keep their aggressive nature to attack players on sight. Drops mandibles and acid glands.

Hornets- unlike wasps they are far more aggressive. And nest underground. Their drops are wings and stingers.

Tiger Beetles. Are very fast and highly aggressive predators roaming the flooded area. They will even attack spiders! Their mandibles could be used to craft knives.

The bugs mentioned below are meant to be high level hunts BurgL can task the player with. They are very dangerous and challenging to solo. But offer rare drops.

Mantis- lurks in the branches of the hedge. Waiting to grab any unwary prey that gets too close. It's claws can be crafted into either dual scythes or a giant reaper scythe.

Assassin Bug- a deadly hunter that feeds on bees and caterpillars high in the tree tops. It's beak can be used to craft a spear.

Black Widow- the 2nd most poisonous creature in the yard. It lurks inside the shed. 

Mudeye- dragonfly larvae that hides at the bottom of the pond. It's body parts can be used to craft swim gear.

Spider Hawk- the most poisonous bug. Normally it ignores you and has no fixed location. As it flies all over the yard hunting spiders.

WaterBug- a voracious underwater predator.

9 hours ago, phyerboss said:

Earwigs- aggressive and nocturnal. They will give chase to both aphids, mites and you. Their drops are the pincers.

how would these pincers differ from the ones we get from larvae?

9 hours ago, phyerboss said:

Black Widow- the 2nd most poisonous creature in the yard. It lurks inside the shed. 

That's venomous :)  poison is ingested (swallowed) venom is injected through fangs etc.  And Black Widows are much more toxic than Wolf Spiders.  Wolf spider bites are only dangerous if the person bitten is allergic, black widow bites can kill without the person being allergic,  at least to normal sized humans IRL.  This would be like a group boss or multi group in the future if they allow that.

Xbox One X

On 8/28/2020 at 10:27 AM, McSquirl Nugget said:

how would these pincers differ from the ones we get from larvae?

That's venomous :)  poison is ingested (swallowed) venom is injected through fangs etc.  And Black Widows are much more toxic than Wolf Spiders.  Wolf spider bites are only dangerous if the person bitten is allergic, black widow bites can kill without the person being allergic,  at least to normal sized humans IRL.  This would be like a group boss or multi group in the future if they allow that.

Ok, I just noticed this...

When I stated 2nd most poisonous. I was going off my list. Of course I am aware of the fact that wolf spiders and that their venom isn't much. But if you read my list all the way through. You'd see what it was in relation to.

As for the earwig pincers. If you look them up when time permits. They tend to have a very different shape to what the grubs have. And would tend to be bigger. Making them more idea for crafting swords.

• 1 year later...

Idea: Ballista used to shoot large arrows

To craft the Ballista you will need 4 silk rope, 7 weed stems, and 4 thistle needles.

Unlock the crafting recipe from BURG.L for 7,500 raw science after giving him the "Picnic Table BURG.L Chip".

It can use the same types of arrows as bows use just bigger so they'll cost more resources to make.

The Ballista can do around 2 bars of damage per shot.

The Ballista arrows will be like weed stems or grass as in you carry them around and not in your inventory.

In addition to the Ballista, there will also be a place to store extra Ballista arrows (choose name). It'll use the same mechanic as the stem pallet or grass pallet.

(I know this isn't a creature idea but still.)