Threat disengagement health reset is a problem

I don't know if anyone feels this way, but the health reset feels really unfair sometimes. I was hiding in a can fighting three spiders, popping in and out shooting them with my bow. I eventually realized they were resetting every time I went back into the can. I even got one stuck in the can after it followed me in. I unloaded about 50 arrows, then started stabbing it. It's health reset after I moved around the can to try and stab it's legs which were protruding through. 

I understand that the enemy bug are supposed to be difficult, but they become near impossible when they require so much damage to kill AND reset their health if you try to recuperate. I was really looking forward to this game and enjoy a lot of the other aspects, but right now the combat is just way too punishing and my attacks feel ridiculously weak.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

I signed up just to post this. Me and my buddy were fighting a bombadier and its health was resetting WHILE we were fighting it, instantaneously. We were standing maybe an armlength away and it reset its health maybe 4 times before just killing us both. This is really just straight up stupid and totally stomps progression. Bows are useless because any time you try to use one the enemy runs away and refills its health instantly. 

• Like 1

I completely agree with you on the health reset aggro thing. I know it can be a non cheese mechanic but I think it should wait X amount of time after the aggro resets before their health goes back up. That's my suggestion Oblivion.

• Like 1

Same for me, the health reset is a problem and needs to be resolved and the bombardier  beetle is the worst offender of this, especially with there desire to run away when not directly engaged making killing with arrows even more difficult.

Seeing how this is still in development it must be obvious that health reset during combat is a bug. Health reset after aggro clears is logical in my opinion. We can heal after all, why cant the creatures?  I do agree, however, that health should regen over time, not just insta-reset.  Trying to cheese a fight using broken physics though is not a strategy one should rely upon. 

while i agree with the 'no more aggro, reset HP" is broken, I also want to point out - we should rarely, if ever, have to fight 2+ spiders at the same time.    This game has enough things that can 2 shot us, and having them combine or swarm is a problem with the AI/spawning.  

Bows, also need to do more damage, and/or things like arrows need to have higher stack amounts.  29 arrows to kill an orb weaver is insane, now fight 4 at once.

Edited by Kissker