Posted (edited)

PL scale with the initial level of the ability, even if you upgrades it, except Mule Kick and Leap upgrades as far as I know. And fo those 2 it's a bug. (Lay on Hand is a different case because the "upgrades" are separate abilities).

Upgrading is always a gain.

Edited by Elric Galad
Posted (edited)

Right. Eternal Devotion scales exactly the same as Flames of Devotion. So Eternal Devotion is a no-brainer (if you can spare the ability point).

Especially a no-brainer since Eternal Devotion's 10% lash applies to almost all dmg you cause, spells included. Walls, seals and other abilities that are called "hazards" don't profit. DoT ticks also don't. Everything else that I know of does work (e.g. Sacred Immolation).

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Elric Galad said:

PL масштабируется с начальным уровнем способности, даже если вы улучшаете его, за исключением обновлений Mule Kick и Leap, насколько я знаю. И для тех 2 это ошибка. (Lay on Hand - это другой случай, потому что «улучшения» - это отдельные способности).

Обновление - это всегда выигрыш.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/99409-mechanics-power-level-compilation-thread/page/3/

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/227477-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire/faqs/76599/power-level-scaling

who to believe?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MLGretard said:

Go to page 4 of the first link.

I've even found the cause of the pb for the quoted abilities in the gamedata file, so I'm pretty confident.

That's one of the few mistakes in @thelee gamefaq

Edited by Elric Galad
On 5/5/2020 at 9:07 AM, Elric Galad said:

That's one of the few mistakes in @thelee gamefaq

hey i'm only human :)

i'll have it fixed in the next update (i'm almost positive that i used mule kick and greater lay on hands as tests, which apparently are two of a handful of exceptions)

• Haha 1