@dgray62 Yeah I know that feeling - I think with the Watcher it you benefit more from Brisk Recitation since you have high PER, so I leave the supporting duties to another chanter, or class. 

I am trying to use the Energized Interrupt strategy, I think Not So Clever Hound started that thread? , when I use the PL1 chant that removes concentration. So far my ACC is too low b/c I need Helm of the White Void.

Now I just use these invocations, starting with Empower w/ Sasha Scimitar 

a) the invocation that frightens and debuffs -15  DEF for all stats (sorry cant remember name atm !) I have no Cipher, so this is necessary. 

b) Ogres (PL upgrade, but idk if it is worth it) 

c) the PL 1 armor buff plus the PL 3 (a good offense is a great defense!) 

d) Charm, when appropriate

As an SC Chanter, I have so many choices, so I think you can build it around having a variety of offensive invocations and summons, as well as the odd Defensive invocation, too. The deeper question is if you'd like to be spend action economy on summons - Once I get PL 9 I will just be using the upgraded tornado, as many have mentioned it is quite effective (PL bonus determines the bounces, not INT, ) . Fleeting moments in which I am not casting I will switch to Essence Interrupter, but honestly with Sasha's and Brisk Recitation on, I almost always have something to cast. I will probably invest in the shield that heals, from Dark Cupboard, and just keep that on at all times and forgo ranged warfare. 

• Like 1