Ok i just learned something new with my monk training. First, when the green dragon gets proned, he is sometimes still able to attack and i think that is a bug. Second, it seems galant's focus suppresses flask of war paint sometimes and sometimes it's the opposite. So it's basically better, to just don't skill galant's focus at all ...

Gallant's Focus gets suppressed by most other active accuracy boosts. It's not worth it in my opinion (unless you have no other source of ACC boost at all).

You can charm one of the dragons with Munacra Arret and/or Spirit Spiral (the other one is immune iirc). Both give +10 ACC on Whisper of Treason. Ring of Changing Heart can dominate, but is has no ACC bonus. Charming one of two dragon helps immensely because most enemies will usually fight that dragon over you and you have a lot more time to do you stuff calmly while the charmed dragon gets butchered. Charmed dragon is the best summon. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Gallant's Focus gets suppressed by most other active accuracy boosts. It's not worth it in my opinion (unless you have no other source of ACC boost at all).

You can charm one of the dragons with Munacra Arret and/or Spirit Spiral (the other one is immune iirc). Both give +10 ACC on Whisper of Treason. Ring of Changing Heart can dominate, but is has no ACC bonus. Charming one of two dragon helps immensely because most enemies will usually fight that dragon over you and you have a lot more time to do you stuff calmly while the charmed dragon gets butchered. Charmed dragon is the best summon. ;)

That's true, but the duration for me is even on a crit only 11 seconds and they can barely damage the green dragon and he is the only threat in the fight, after he dies, the others just die without much of a problem. I have allready a good strategy, how i can lure him down alone and kill him, but if i have bad luck and getting proned by him + acid breath, i am most likely dead. So i have to count on scroll of defense and llengrath potion to avoid that.

/EDIT

I made a Video of the fight. At 2:28 - 2:32 the dragon is proned, still could use wing slam and almost killed me.

I don't know, if not just blaidh golan would be better and obviously the belt with the crit decrease.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

Yeah it's harder than i thought. I don't want to play with second chance and with wizard / monk there is a bit of difference in the fights (even with supply mod for resting). Rogue is the worst class and i don't like the idea of an ironman run. I know someone did it with ranger, but i know how ranger struggles in many fights. Never played Priest and because his best spells are fire and many dragons are fire immune, that's not really what i want. Paladin has the highest defenses, but sacred immolation does again fire damage and even hurts himself.

So i would say, the best bet is chanter, because i am really bored out by wizard / monk at the moment.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

• 2 weeks later...