Hello.

I'm confused. Bought poe2 yesterday on ps4 to enjoy best graphics.  And have problem with talents. Best to say I have no talents to choose at all! I'd like to choose dual wield and can't. I downloaded poe 1 on my pc and checked after 1 level up I have talents to choose, but in poe2 on my ps4 I haven't talents to choose menu!!! Is it bug? Please help!

6 hours ago, allexstorm said:

I downloaded poe 1 on my pc and checked after 1 level up I have talents to choose, but in poe2 on my ps4 I haven't talents to choose menu!!! Is it bug? Please help!

leveling up is different in deadfire. you get one (sometimes two) ability points, and you spend it on either an active ability (on the left side of the skill tree) or a passive ability (on the right side of hte skill tree). passive abilities are to deadfire what "talents" were to poe1.

Edited by thelee

each time you access a tier I->II->III->IX you get 2 points to spend in passive or active ability (class abilities and some generic), the next level after you unlocked a tier row, you get only one point..
For active weapon skills (sword, bow, war bow, sabre), those special weapon skills, if i am correct you get one each 3 or 4 levels... if you start a NG and create a character from 0 you have to choose two weapon active skills during the character creation, it is always after you have spent your 2 or 1 point in class abilities (wizard spells, cipher spells)...
In any case you can reset your character in any tavern for some coins and see how it work...

but if you don't use the weapon skill you have, you will not see those weapon skill in the interface (example you actually use a sword and you unlocked dagger or sabre, or axe weapon skill), you see them only in character information...

The special weapon ability you have will only appear if you use that type of weapon (equipped)

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

7 hours ago, thelee said:

leveling up is different in deadfire. you get one (sometimes two) ability points, and you spend it on either an active ability (on the left side of the skill tree) or a passive ability (on the right side of hte skill tree). passive abilities are to deadfire what "talents" were to poe1.

Got it. Thank you. 

And thanks everybody for replies.