I wish Godlike had better bonus

The godlike should of had +2 to all stats. Why? Head gear is the reason why. Alot of head gear gives you a plus two to a stat. Godlike loses that ability to use head gear. There is a head gear that gives plus 4 might. 

Edited by Bryan Skull

Maybe. But item bonuses don't stack with each other (unless weapons) while a racial bonus would stack (since it's a passive).

For example Wellspring of Life (Nature Godlike) stacks with everything while Maegfolc Skull doesn't.

Also, some of the racials scale with level (Fire Godlike) and become very strong while others start very strong (Moon Godlike).

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

6 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Maybe. But item bonuses don't stack with each other (unless weapons) while a racial bonus would stack (since it's a passive).

For example Wellspring of Life (Nature Godlike) stacks with everything while Maegfolc Skull doesn't.

Also, some of the racials scale with level (Fire Godlike) and become very strong while others start very strong (Moon Godlike).

A plus one to all then. The characters you create are ugly. The godlike are super ugly. No offensive to all godlike users. 

Edited by Bryan Skull

I think they are supposed to. In game most of them suffer social repression. If's they'd be super handsome they wouldn't I guess. 

Basically they are

essence batteries for the gods

and I think the gods don't really care how their godlikes look as long as they are functioning as they are supposed to.

I agree though that some of the godlike racial abilities are too weak.

Death Godlikes' Death's Usher ability is only additive. It's way too weak given the risk you are taking. Something like humans' Fighting Spirit is even better without losing the headgear slot. It could scale with char level which would make it more attractive. 

Nature Godlikes' Wellsprig of Life is also pretty weak. Although it stacks with everything we know that stat boosts don't have that much of an impact in PoE. It should at least be +5. Or scale with char level. In Deadfire "Wellspring of Life" is implemented in a much better way. 

Avian Godlikes (only Pallegina) have Elusive Quarry which is just too circumstancial to be of any use for 99% of the build routes you will take with her. 

However: while some of the Godlikes' abilites are weak, others are very good:

Fire Godlikes' ability Battle Forged scales with level as I said and it reaches absurd amouts of damage if you somewhat build around it. Look at the builds "The Anvil" or "Monksterlasher" in the character build list.

Moon Godlikes' Silver Tide makes the early to mid game a cakewalk. Try to kill the moon godlike backer NPC in plate who's standing near the Temple of Eothas in Gilded Vale and you'll know what I mean.

So I wouldn't give them all a banket buff. Especially not general stat boost (doesn't do much anyway). Instead, the weaker abilites ones would need to get boosted.  

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hey, Pallegina isn't ugly! But the Godlike have great uses for certain builds, the Moon Godlike seems to be the best for Barbarian, according to a certain build on these forums that I'm a big fan of. That build in particular can solo PotD, so it's not like the helmet thing is a meaningful drawback there.