Just wanted to say thanks, Obsidian!

I haven't posted on this forum since probably 2004ish, around the time KOTOR 2 came out.  But I had to reach out to say thank you so much for an amazing game.  TOW was an old-fashioned RPG experience and it made me miss the days when this was how games were.  No microtransactions, no paper-thin plot with generic and stock characters.  This was story telling with great world building and three dimensional characters to live in that world.  I'm actually going to playthrough it again!  I haven't said that about a game in years.  These days, most video games are one and done. 

But The Outer Worlds actually makes me want to playthrough it again, multiple times.  Just like in the "old days".  Anyway,  just had to say something.  Thanks again for taking me back to the games I love.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Darth Jebus said:

I haven't posted on this forum since probably 2004ish, around the time KOTOR 2 came out.  But I had to reach out to say thank you so much for an amazing game.  TOW was an old-fashioned RPG experience and it made me miss the days when this was how games were.  No microtransactions, no paper-thin plot with generic and stock characters.  This was story telling with great world building and three dimensional characters to live in that world.  I'm actually going to playthrough it again!  I haven't said that about a game in years.  These days, most video games are one and done. 

But The Outer Worlds actually makes me want to playthrough it again, multiple times.  Just like in the "old days".  Anyway,  just had to say something.  Thanks again for taking me back to the games I love.

I agree.  I've only got 6-7 hours into the game so far but have already fallen in love with it.  It definitely has the Fallout feel to it, as I guess it should coming from Obsidian.  I'm tired of the online persistent games as they continue to saturate the market.  More of this and I think a lot of people will be very, very happy.

• Like 1