Is there an update coming? Inventory management/upgrading needs some polish

I'm loving The Outer Worlds, but the inventory management and equipment upgrade system needs some tinkering. Specifically, the workbench should sort equipped items by who has them equipped, and similarly, vendors should allow you to compare items being sold with items equipped.

• Like 3

I would also say that consumables of the same "type" (e.g. +200% natural regen, +25% base health, +1 personality stats, etc.) should all be grouped together, given that your inhaler automatically refills from the same type if possible. right now it's extremely tedious to try to figure out how many of what type of consumable I have.

• Like 3

I'm not sure if we can use any container in the world to stash our stuff, so I've only been using the large bin in Captain's Quarters on the Unreliable and I just started using the lockers near ADA.  Yeah, I'm one of those OCD Packrats who must pick up everything- believe me, I annoy myself! :)   So you can imagine that these stashes (and my inventory) becomes a beast to manage real fast.

Please add ability to sort within stashes.

Sorting equipment is inconsistent.  For example, from our Inventory menu, say that we sort armor by weight.  Shift menu down to a companion menu and the armor is unsorted. 

It would be fantastic to be able to label equipment as favorites or be able to 'lock' it so you don't accidentally sell or break it down.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 7:10 PM, thelee said:

I would also say that consumables of the same "type" (e.g. +200% natural regen, +25% base health, +1 personality stats, etc.) should all be grouped together, given that your inhaler automatically refills from the same type if possible. right now it's extremely tedious to try to figure out how many of what type of consumable I have.

Agreed inventory is a complete mess... they really should be regrouped by functionality.

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

Top request for me even though I dont have much time in the game yet:

-Sort by type

-Compare with equipped (MUST HAVE! I mean come on!)

-When you have choosen your sorting option, AUTO SORT the inventory

-Sort stash, I'm a packrat too and I'm pretty sure most of us are in these types of games

-Quest indicator ("!") on top of NPC with quests (that could be disabled in the options)

-On console, the cursor on the map should move way faster. I don't know if it's related to your sensibility in-game, but it shouldn't. Like its a crawl going through the map when it should be a higher sensibility but I want it way less sensible in-game.

-Personal marker on the map

-Track multiple quests at the same time. Or just every quests is tracked but with a different color on the map (green = tracked, red = other quests)

Edited by PiMaC
adding ideas