Parvati questline marked as Botched due to Parvati death... But I'm not playing on Supernova and Parvati is still alive?

Spoilers for Parvati questline

So I'm playing on Hard difficulty (NOT Supernova), and my Parvati Quest "Don't Bite The Sun" has been marked as botched while on the step "Give Parvati the Food", and the reason for it in the quest description says "Parvati was killed."

Parvati can't die since I'm not playing on Supernova. Furthermore, she is in my party 95% of the time including right this very moment. She's alive and well. But the quest is botched.

How this appears to have happened is: I had just gotten done doing the portion of the questline in Cascadia where you get the candy or whatever it is for her date. I had gotten back on my ship, flew to Groundbreaker, and after the loading screen to go into Groundbreaker I noticed Parvati was missing. I searched around, gave movement/follow commands... Nothing. But my other companion (Ellie at the time) was still there. Then, I suddenly hear Parvati screaming in the distance, I get a "quest botched" notification and a few seconds go by, then poof she's back with me like normal. I speak to her and she proceeds to give em dialog that continues the questline, saying she wants to buy clothes on Byzantium. So SHE is proceeding the quest like normal. But it's still marked as botched.

Strangely, I was able to go to Byzantium, purchase the clothes, and send Parvati on her date... But it was a really strange occurence.

• Like 1

Hey, lv100shuckle

I'm sorry for the quest issue you have run into. We have our development team looking into it and hope to have a fix for it shortly. In the meantime, to expedite your request, you can send an e-mail to our publisher, Private Division at support@privatedivision.com. This will get your issue into their queue and allow us to prioritize requests to ensure the fastest possible turn around time.

We apologize again and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2019 at 11:45 AM, oei_um said:

Hey, lv100shuckle

I'm sorry for the quest issue you have run into. We have our development team looking into it and hope to have a fix for it shortly. In the meantime, to expedite your request, you can send an e-mail to our publisher, Private Division at support@privatedivision.com. This will get your issue into their queue and allow us to prioritize requests to ensure the fastest possible turn around time.

We apologize again and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue.

Hey! Just wanted to follow up on this by saying, when I finished the game, it did indeed tell me that "Parvati did not survive the adventure" even tho she was with me when I finished the game.

I was having a conversation with Ellie in the ship's kitchen once. In the background, I saw Parvati doing her climbing animation on an invisible ladder. A few seconds later, her quest failed. I was still engaged in conversation at the time, so I assume she somehow climbed through the hull and ejected into space... :p

Anyway, might be something to look into, Obsidian team.

• Thanks 1

I recall having a "Parvati falls to hear death shortly after leaving the ship" moment too, though I'm pretty sure mine happened on Phineas' asteroid.

Just finished the game and got "Parvati did not survive." I have similar issue with her personal quest being listed as failed. Similar to @lv100shuckle I was still able to complete the date. I actually had completely missed the quest being botched.

Edited by alanschu
More details

Yeah - i can confirm that the end sequence it says Parvati died - I think it happened for me when Parvati was climbing on a ladder and fell into a bottomless pit.

But I was not playing on supernova either.

Basically her "death" flag is getting tripped in modes under supernova during game play, and then it does not reset.