Lovely Artwork

My copy of Electronic Gaming has a nice piece of artwork at the beginning of their 'Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lord' article. (Francis H. is it?) Is the artist someone who works for Obsidian? Of all the concept art I've seen, it's the only one that gives the white jedi's robe a smooth, snowy elegance. The EG magazine had the dark side half of that artwork in poster form but Computer Gaming World didn't have the contrasting light side half as a poster.

Does anyone know where I might be able to get the other half?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

If I knew which one it was I might be able to.

Do a search of the forum.. a LOT of art was posted earlier.

I think it was posted by Craftsman and kumquatq3 if that helps... maybe one of the ones they posted is the one you're looking for?

The two links that still work are of the promo art on the covers of EG and CGW. The two little X's might be what I'm looking for but they appear to link to content that's no longer available.

Still, it appears as though what I was looking for was on that thread, yes.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Well, kumquatq3 had posted the pics, maybe he can help :)

I don't think I saved the pics though so I can't help directly (I believe you're talking about the full body views with the Sith on the left, and the Jedi on the right)

Those pics were just scans of the magazine, and were not high resolution enought to warrant me saving them on disk.

Do you think it would be possible if the artist himself could give us an high resolution image of that painting ?!?

I love the look of the girl in that picture, much better then the portrait (which is a tad too bimbo-like for my tastes, besides, a jedi with make up ?!? ).

Nartwak,

No, that's not it but I like that one as well. While I'm not to fond of the face her left hand is wonderful, I like the way the colors aren't captured by the lines, and the way the artist captured various fabric patterns using color shading.

Rougefrog,

Thank you! That's it. That's exactly what I was talking about.

See what I mean? There's a feathery quality to the picture that the others lack. I think one of the problems is that she's wearing a garment traditionally meant for (male) samurai and it de-emphasizes feminine traits. I think that this is the only artwort that strikes the proper balance between the two.

Yes, the left hand is quite well done. Overall, that is my favorite part of that particular picture. I'm thinking perhaps roguefrog has the picture you're looking for?

(I'm amazed geocities seems to have worked.)

The best artwork I have seen has been the Concept art of an image of a Jedi walking before what looks like a conservatory with giant bowls filled with plants and a water garden sitting on top of a pavillion.

There is a huge open air rotunda very much like the Jedi Academy of KOTOR. It looks very serene and inviting. There is a long bench atop a small rise of stairs leading to the pavilion.

I hope this is the the look for the new Jedi Academy.

I had to blow this image up to supersize to catch all the great details you can't see with the normal image size.

This concept art can be seen at official TSL site for those who haven't seen it yet.

No, I like the left hand. It's nice you like the right one but we're not the same person.

I know what you're talking about Omnifarious but I found that particular screen area sinister upon reflection.

The best artwork I have seen has been the Concept art of an image of a Jedi walking before what looks like a conservatory with giant bowls filled with plants and a water garden sitting on top of a pavillion.

There is a huge open air rotunda very much like the Jedi Academy of KOTOR. It looks very serene and inviting. There is a long bench atop a small rise of stairs leading to the pavilion.

I had to blow this image up to supersize to catch all the great details you can't see with the normal image size.

This concept art can be seen at official TSL site for those who haven't seen it yet.

I think this is a bit better than the one that tsl has on site. I have a better one, i had to save it as jpeg as the site won't let me post bitmaps for some reason, apparently.

myb.jpg

anyone want any others? Even Maria ;) Had I seen this sooner, I would have posted it

This is what you're talking about , correct?

garden.jpg

I don't know about sinister. But it does seem somewhat still. No waterfalls. No birds. And that Jedi has his saber lit. Is he facing some unseen opponent? Practicing katas? :shrug:

Edit:Kumkwatq got to it first.

Edited by Indalecio

I think this is a bit better than the one that tsl has on site. I have a better one, i had to save it as jpeg as the site won't let me post bitmaps for some reason, apparently.

myb.jpg

anyone want any others? Even Maria :lol: Had I seen this sooner, I would have posted it

Yes this is the image I described.

When I first saw it I thought it was a tomb site because it reminded me slightly of a mausoleum, but I remembered that the Jedi don't bury their dead and those whose bodies don't fade away are consumed with fire.

Upon closer examination I saw the Jedi with his LS and thought that this could be Dantooine and the new Jedi Academy there.

The reason why I lean towards that idea is because in KOTOR the architrecture in the Academy was very simular. The simple stone work. The open air rontunda. The attention given to the plant life. The Jedi preserved a large tree in KOTOR. It would seem that they built the Academy around the old tree instead of cutting it down.

The set up in this scene seems in keeping with that design.