Game won't recognize PS4 controller

Hi all

I bought the pc version of the game and it works fine except it won't recognize my plugged in PS4 controller. I've tested the controller with other (non Epic Store) games and it works just fine so it's not broken.
It doesn't matter if I plug it in when it's launched, before I launch it, before booting my pc, or after booting, it just won't find it.

I've also tried loading the game through Steam, but that didn't work either. 

Any help is appreciated

It doesn't look like DS4 is officially supported. However, DS4Windows might help you get through those issues.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

22 minutes ago, Pidesco said:

It doesn't look like DS4 is officially supported. However, DS4Windows might help you get through those issues.

DS4 not being supported hadn't even occurred to me.
I installed and tested DS4Windows and it worked a little bit but it's giving me a lot of input issues and such, so I suppose I'll stick to keyboard for now and hope support be added later.
Thanks for the help.

2 hours ago, Pidesco said:

DS4Windows does work. The game recognizes the DS4 as an Xbox controller as expected. I'm not sure if it's unique to my situation, but I had to set the analog stick deadzones to 0.2 to keep the player and camera from moving on their own.

I'm sure I won't be the first to say it, but it would be nice to see official DS4 support and Playstation style button prompts for the many PC users who prefer the DS4.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bsarps said:

come on guys, its 2019, launching without ds4 support is a pretty big oversight, please fix in a not too distant patch

Exactly. There are over 2x PS4 owners to ever 1x Xbone owner. It's usually the modders that fix this oversight by devs, but that's usually for games that don't release to console. This game has a PS4 port. Why can't I use a PS4 controller and see PS4 buttons on PC?

I can not get DS4Windows or Steam drivers to work for the life of me. It is possible to add a non-steam game to steam and use Steam's drivers, that 100% works with Metro. I don't know what DS4Windows settings I should use or if having used Steam's DS4 drivers is messing things up.

Edit: You can not mod this game atm. Either we're waiting on developer support for modding or some genius to figure everything out without any documentation.

Edited by Blitz

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2019 at 8:29 AM, PurpleCoyote said:

Hi all

I bought the pc version of the game and it works fine except it won't recognize my plugged in PS4 controller. I've tested the controller with other (non Epic Store) games and it works just fine so it's not broken.
It doesn't matter if I plug it in when it's launched, before I launch it, before booting my pc, or after booting, it just won't find it.

I've also tried loading the game through Steam, but that didn't work either. 

Any help is appreciated

I think I found the problem:  https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/10/17959500/obsidian-xbox-acquired-x018-new-vegas-pillars-eternity

Obsidian will add PS4 support as soon as M$ stops trying to be a monopoly...i.e., never.

• 1 month later...

The DS4 assets should be in the game, as this thing launched on PS4 as well. They're just likely disabled. Retarded for a game released in 2019.

There's a reasonable work-around in the steam forum https://steamcommunity.com/app/578650/discussions/0/1693843461184183420/

Still you get xb1 graphics / button help but at least it's playable. You need to configure the dualshock 4 in the steam settings / controller view first.