Help the ignorant - canirunit

Apologies, I'm not real tech savvy so I ran a canirunit to see if I was good to go.  I hit all recommended except CPU (see below).  Can someone help me to understand how much my lesser CPU will effect the quality of the game.  Thank you!

Recommended: Intel Core i7-7700K or Ryzen 5 1600
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz

Hello Elygion!

I compared the processors you mentioned and read the results from a great site that I like to use when comparing computer parts.  From the looks of it, the CPU you have (8750) has more cores (or brains) to help split the work load the game will create, but it runs at a slower speed compared to the 7700 that is recommended.  This being said is not terrible, you still have a decent device as it ranks 91 out of 1184 other devices and how the game will run will also depends on other hardware like the Graphics Card, RAM, and Storage Device.

Your CPU also far exceeds the minimum requirement for the CPU.  If all of your other hardware meets or exceeds the remaining recommendations, then I think you'll do quite well and be able to run most settings at Very High, if not Ultra.

If you are interested in the comparison site I used to check the two CPUs, you can find the link I used below.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8750H-vs-Intel-Core-i7-7700K/m470418vs3647

I hope this helps clarify things for you, but if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you for reaching out to us and I hope you enjoy The Outer Worlds, fellow spacer!