Corrupt HDD

Hi, how's it going!

A friend of mine apparently got his HDD corrupted and he has his thesis on it. 

I am just wondering what his options might be at this point? His laptop is back working with a different hard drive, and the hdd in question is on the side at the moment. 

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

No personal experience but there are plenty of free or paid data recovery tools you can use, though you'll probably need to be able to hook up the drive to a functioning computer, probably a desktop of some sort. Could be as simple as a corrupt boot record with the drive and data otherwise 100% intact.

No guarantees it'll work though, and if it doesn't, the next step would be professional data recovery services, but do note that they may charge hundreds, or in some case potentially thousands of dollars for the job depending on how bad the failure was. Often this will be the only realistic option if the disk is physically damaged.

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

What Humanoid said. "Corrupt HDD" could mean anything - depending on the exact problem, different solutions may be (im)possible.

Put fascists and sociopaths on your ignore list.

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.