finally going for my first playthrough. After a lot of reading Ive come up with a party comp I would like to try and I would appreciate if someone experienced could chime in. I am following some guides here, but I am not sure whether theyre still viable after so many patches. I chose this party following certain criteria like using different types of weapons, different classes that I played in PoE1, must have a good mix of melee/ranged, tankiness/enough sustain/dps etc. So my suggested party looks like this:
1) Herald with 2H Sword (Pellagina) https://forums.obsid...uono-e-fulmine/ Is this build tanky enough? If not, should I rather multiclass with fighter or chose different skills?
2) Fanatic with 2 weapons https://forums.obsid...kerbleakwalker/
3) Ranged Mindstalker - this one I am not sure about. Is Ranged inferior to melee here? If I would want to go ranged, should I got for dual blunderbuss/pistols or 2H (Arquebus/Bow/Crossbow)? Also what subclasses should I pick? I found this build https://forums.obsid...ots-of-reading/ but I am not sure how viable it is.
4) Theurge (Teheku) https://forums.obsid...-god-of-storms/
5) Pure Wizard (Aloth) - for a classic CC+dps mage, which subclass should I pick? I was thinking about evoker, but I am honestly not sure if its worth losing 2 schools of magic...
So basically I have 2 frontline "off-tanks" (or should I make one pure tank?) that will take some punishment, heal and still be able to dish out solid damage. Then 1 ranged dps/cc (mindstalker), heal/dps (theurge) and another cc/dps (wizard).
I hope this team comp should provide me with enough healing that I wont need a priest. Which character should be my main? (in terms of companion availability for particular role).
I know that you dont need 100 % perfect team comp to finish POTD, but I rly like to min/max and make the best possible party (without playing gimmicks like 5 characters of the same class etc). So is this party good/how should I improve it?
Will appreciate any advice