Sign in to follow this  
MonarchX

Any way to increase global light shadow resolution?

The point-light shadows in caves have good resolution, but outside, sun shadows have low resolution. Is there some way to increase that resolution?

I maxed out all the settings, but global light/sun shadows are blocker and of lower resolution compared to point light shadows. Is there a config file somewhere?

No, it's hard coded. Strange, but i want an option for lower resolution for point shadows to make them little softer. Becose now they have unnatural sharp edges.

In interiors, I would agree, but outside they need higher resolution. Softness and resolution aren't the same thing though. I prefer soft shadows too, but not if they are blocky...

I reported this issue in Pillars of Eternity one over three years ago, I doubt they'll fix it.

I reported this issue in Pillars of Eternity one over three years ago, I doubt they'll fix it.

Was the game out for 3 years now? Its not so much of a fix that we need, but an option to increase global/sun shadow resolution. Perhaps modding tools can help us do that?

Was the game out for 3 years now? Its not so much of a fix that we need, but an option to increase global/sun shadow resolution. Perhaps modding tools can help us do that?

PoE came out 2015. Here is a clip from 3 years ago: