Mac Graphics Glitch on Water in Old City Ruins

ReynardTheFox

Question

Description:

1) Water whited out, and the opacity covers characters and interactable objects

2) Crash on every Quit to Desktop

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

1) I have tried to solve #1 with a pretty wid range of graphics settings, and an uninstall/reinstall, but using the original save game files.  Any load of this map creates the problem.

2)  Any quit-to-desktop causes the problem.

Important Files:

I found everything but crash output.  There isn't one in the same folder as the .app

System Specs

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

4 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB

• Like 3

- starting to look like it's a "system" effect... Great work, I just cannot reload back to an earlier version without risking a lot of data...  So earlier version  (non retina?) seemed to have minimal damaged gfx effect...  thanks for trying this!  I am not an Apple dev, otherwise I would bring this up with them...  It is a "layer thing" ???

• Like 1

GOOD NEWS for Mac users!  I just installed the latest OS 10.14.5 update and all graphics "issues" at sea and within certain other areas have disappeared!  Everything is back to the normal, beautifully rendered scenes, my money is on Obsidian talking with Apple and knowing that the "fix" was already in the works...  it was a "system" issue. This was tested in TB mode only.  I will test more but so far 100% elimination of error...  Even the players have stopped moving erratically.... no more slick as snot stairs with players running in place, no more freezing of players, no more sending your player to a specific spot and seeing him/her running in the opposite direction or, in circles...  these issues are eliminated for us mac users, all of it!

Edited by LotharVI
typo on OS version - had to correct that...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LotharVI said:

GOOD NEWS for Mac users!  I just installed the latest OS 10.14.15 update and all graphics "issues" at sea and within certain other areas have disappeared!  Everything is back to the normal, beautifully rendered scenes, my money is on Obsidian talking with Apple and knowing that the "fix" was already in the works...  it was a "system" issue. This was tested in TB mode only.  I will test more but so far 100% elimination of error...  Even the players have stopped moving erratically.... no more slick as snot stairs with players running in place, no more freezing of players, no more sending your player to a specific spot and seeing him/her running in the opposite direction or, in circles...  these issues are eliminated for us mac users, all of it!

This fixed it, yes. Saw this response. Updated my system to 10.14.5. Loaded a save in the under city. All graphics issues resolved. Clearly some glitch with handling the particular type of overlay was introduced in 10.14.4 and resolved in 10.14.5. That's the answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please let us know how it goes...

I'll bet the Obsidian devs knew exactly what was going down - the update was due in a week or so....  Just my guess.  I do know devs communicate with Apple/Micro$oft frequently... as they all do.... a super-collaborative  relationship at best.... and when it works it is for the benefit of everyone.

I was an old Amiga guy, I ran three separate operating systems (guess which ones) as BACKGROUND tasks... in 1988... in this day and age I am more than happy with Apple...  I really miss the real-time asynchronous multi tasking... in my daily work... 

I wish for an other seeding of Adra-ban, Sapphire and more fights... but that is not in the cards.