I've just made a huge post and clicked "post new topic" but the whole thing got deleted...amazing...gotta cut it short this time...

Im planning on a PotD solo run but im kind of a noob so im a bit scared.I've played through the game once as soon as it came out(on veteran monk\fighter)

Can someone recommend an easy to play melee dual wield character for solo PotD?No wizard,no summons.I would appreciate if you give multiple variants of what you think is best\most fun\robust\easy to play and so on!

Ty very much in advance,I am really stuck with character creation,can't decide what to do!  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

P.S. I understand this question was probalbly asked a million times but still...

Edited by Kovil

Depends on your definition of "easy", but Herald is always rel. maintenance-free and easy to play - even without summons.

High defenses and good passive self heals (meaning basically infinite health as long as you don't receive too high dps).

A popular combo is Goldpact/Troubadour since Gilded Enmity is basically for free once you get Sworn Rival (and kill the enemy) and Troubadour with Brisk Recitation lets you dish out invocations faster while the loss of linger time doesn't hamper your Ancient Memory.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

No he isn't. I did with solo helwalker 99.5% PotD (I only couldn't do SSS fight as ironclad, rest was fairly easy) and megabosses. But he comes to full power late and requires a little metaknowledge (what and when you can do) and some cheese at beginning (gorecci street, digsite I had to pull and split enemies).

Edited by Waski

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

No he isn't. I did with solo helwalker 99.5% PotD (I couldn't do SSS fight as ironclad, rest was fairly easy) and megabosses. But he comes to full power late and requires a little metaknowledge (what and when you can do) and some cheese at beginning (gorecci street, digsite I had to pull and split enemies).

Well thats good to hear =) What stats did you use?

I am far from computer and can't check but it was something like 13 str, 10 con, max per, dump res(4 with human) rest between dex and int maybe in favor of DEX a little. BB on top of that.

Edited by Waski

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

What about something like Monk\Barbarian or Monk\Cypher or Monk\Rogue?Btw all the melee solo build I've seen suggest taking as much resolve as possible,I guess due to deflection?

Edited by Kovil

If you don't aim into killing all megabosses (big ooze especially) and doing all content in SSS it should be doable (monk/cipher have a potential to kill her with disintegration with some luck). I don't have experience with monk/barb but transcendent was fun and shadowdancer super fun for me (crazy dmg with swift flurry/heartbeat drumming procing attacks with sneak/deathblows bonuses).

Edited by Waski

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

So if im planning on beating mega bosses and SSS which of these options is better\easier: 1)Monk SC 2)Shadowdancer 3)Monk\Cipher? Still not sure about doing megabosses but info is good to have anyways.What would you go with?

Edited by Kovil

Shadowdancer don't have tools to deal with Huani. Transcendent need luck for it (she has to die from disintegration and that will prevent spawning other oozes). SC monk can beat her and all others. About SSS and shadowdancer/transcendent I don't have clue, didn't play that dlc with them but my gut  feeling is that shadowdancer don't have a chance, transcendent maybe.

Edited by Waski

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Single class Monk. Just because Resonant Touch in combo with Whispers of the Wind (with dual blunderbusses or dual mortars or Sun & Moon + Keeper of the Flame...) lets you stack hundrets of TOuches which then can be used to kill the megaboss in one stroke, bypassing scripted effects and healing.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Single class Monk. Just because Resonant Touch in combo with Whispers of the Wind (with dual blunderbusses or dual mortars or Sun & Moon + Keeper of the Flame...) lets you stack hundrets of TOuches which then can be used to kill the megaboss in one stroke, bypassing scripted effects and healing.

Yeah single class monk looks very tempting due to PL 9 abilities.I assume no subclass or malcachoa is the way to go,or helwaker is fine as well?This +50% damage looks rather dangerous,risking getting one-shotten in many fights or not really?

Edited by Kovil

It's additive, so it's not superbad - but when going solo I think the bonus MIG is not worth the risk. Different story in a party of course.

Nalpasca solo is better in my opinion: more wounds due to drugs, longer effect of drugs, drugs are plenty and cheap (you can even craft them). And when going solo on PoTD you need to use consumables anyway - so win/win kind of.