Encountering the Floating Hangman while walking in Neketaka....wtf?

DiabloStorm

Question

What's wrong with this game, seriously? I swear, I can't even make this stuff up.
Great way to murder the immersion.

efJUvfA.gif

I sailed from Dunnage to Fort Deadlight and then Neketaka and this happened. Pretty sure the ocean isnt in the middle of Queen's Berth.

Edited by DiabloStorm
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

Rofl. You always get the funniest bugs. I've put so many hours into this game and never have I experienced such weird things.

It's also the first time I read about this. Are you sure you checked your game for file corruption? I mean most likely it's not the casue, but maybe it's worth a shot.

By the way: may I ask which tools you use to record or convert your animated gifs? Their quality/file size ratio is really good.   

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Rofl. You always get the funniest bugs. I've put so many hours into this game and never have I experienced such weird things.

It's also the first time I read about this. Are you sure you checked your game for file corruption? I mean most likely it's not the casue, but maybe it's worth a shot.

By the way: may I ask which tools you use to record or convert your animated gifs? Their quality/file size ratio is really good.   

Fraps and Photoshop, the file sizes are still pretty massive for anybody not on a strong connection so I end up having to crop/cut out frames etc to make it more reasonable for webpages. I also started putting them in spoilers once I realized what the code was.

Also: 2 files failed to validate, but I'm pretty sure I know exactly what they were. They most likely were the .exe and pillars.py files because I have the unity console mod on hand. Running the game after validating and reacquiring the files (reloading the save before the events in here unfolded) yields the same outcome, The Floating Hangman still makes it's appearance on the streets of Queen's Berth.

So the question now is what is the mod changing, is it even able to affect the game in all of the ways I've been reporting?

No mod and the same problem happens...also I'll say now that I haven't had it installed the entire time. Things I've reported earlier were either with no mod, a save game where I used the mod to allow me to properly respec and then saved over it and then removed the mod, or both a save game where the mod was installed and left the mod itself installed as well.

Edited by DiabloStorm

Ah - unfortunately Fraps is only for Windows. I'm using Peek with Linux which directly created gifs. While it's very easy to use it produces ridiculously big files even at very low quality settings. I guess I will have to use a proper capturing software and then convert to gif. Eh... maybe later... :)

I don't use any mods except the Enhanced User Interface Mod (which is awesome) and that may be the reason why I don't get all those bugs other people get (and because I'm on Linux and will have different bugs concerning hardware/driver issues etc.).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods