Sign in to follow this  
aphotic

[4.1.2] Head items permanently lose all stats

Question

Posted (edited)

Since the latest version I have occasionally been encountering a strange bug where my head items lose all stats and become for all intents and purposes generic head items with unique names and flavor text. Even their value gets reduced to compensate.

It strikes seemingly at random. The first time I encountered it, I was playing the SSS DLC and it affected a piece of headgear from that DLC -- at that time I thought maybe it was a bug with the DLC. But now I've had it during my base game content.

For both runs, I have the Solo Magran's Fire challenge enabled on PotD difficulty.

I can't upload my save file because it exceeds the limit. Here's a Google Drive link to an affected save file:

Here's an image to give you an idea:

It doesn't exactly ruin my day, but I *am* running PotD solo and that's a perfectly good, best-in-slot +2 Intellect helm wasted... :)

Edited by aphotic

4 answers to this question

are you on 4.1.2? because this sounds a lot like a bug in earlier versions (since fixed) where some magical gear was losing their stats (related to the loot being dropped from a kill-on-crit i think)