PensivePenguin

Cut-scene hang in Temple of Relevation

Question

I'm moving from Scriptorium to Temple of Revelation. When I enter the temple 2 cut-scenes play:

1. Cut-scene about an egg hatching

2. Cut-scene between Tayn and an imp playing dice

The 2nd cut-scene hangs forever. Since there is no where else to go (the only place to go from the Scriptorium is the Temple of Revelation) my game is now unplayable.

8 answers to this question

Hello PensivePenguin,

Thanks for bringing this up, I'll get this handed over to QA and see if it can be reproduced and if so get a bug in. In the meantime, if you could get a save file sent to support.obsidian.net we may be able to help in our investigations.

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

The save is too long, I will email it. But here is the output log (attached). It looks like it hits the same error each time.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Game.Item.GetSpriteIcon () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.ItemMod.GetSpriteIcon () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.StatusEffectInstance.GetSpriteIcon () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.StatusEffectInstance.CacheOrigins () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.StatusEffectInstance.OnAdd (IStatusEffectTarget target, IStatusEffectOrigin origin, Boolean skipResistance) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.StatusEffectManager.AddEffect (Game.StatusEffectInstance newStatusEffect, IStatusEffectOrigin origin, Boolean skipResistance) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.StatusEffectManager.AddNewEffect (Game.GameData.StatusEffectGameData gameData, IStatusEffectOrigin origin, Boolean empowered, Single shapeAdjust, Boolean skipResistance) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.StatusEffectEvents.OnEventApplyStatusEffects (Game.StatusEffectInstance statusEffect, Game.DamageInfo damageInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.StatusEffectEvents.FireEvent (Game.StatusEffectInstance statusEffect, StatusEffectEventType triggerEvent, Game.DamageInfo damageInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.StatusEffectInstance.NotifyEvent (StatusEffectEventType eventType, Game.DamageInfo damageInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.StatusEffectInstance.ClearEffect () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.StatusEffectInstance.OnClear (Game.StatusEffectManager manager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.StatusEffectManager.ClearStatusEffect (Game.StatusEffectInstance baseInstance, Boolean isCounter, Boolean clearStacks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.StatusEffectManager.ClearStatusEffectsByOrigin (IStatusEffectOrigin origin) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.ItemMod.RemoveEquipEffects (UnityEngine.GameObject character, Game.Equippable equip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.Equippable.DestroyItemMod (Game.ItemMod mod) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.Equippable.DestroyAllItemMods () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.Equippable.Destroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.WeaponSet.DestroyAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.EquipmentSet.DestroyWeapons () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.EquipmentSet.DestroyAll (Boolean includeWeapons) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.Equipment.OnyxDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Onyx.OnyxBehavior.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

output_log_crash.txt

Hey,

I recently ran into this same issue. Upon leaving the Scriptorium for the Temple of Revelation, the game gets stuck after the second cut-scene. I tried to circle back to the Temple by backtracking through the Collections area, but the way back there is blocked after engaging the boss in The Assembly of Echoes.

One thing I found noteworthy was that upon loading the scene in the Temple, the camera abruptly moves from the party over to Tayn and the imp and stays there. Also, the dialogue options during the Egg scene also cannot be selected by using the keyboard. After these two cut-scenes neither the mouse or the keyboard can be used for inputs, but the game does not outright crash. Instead I have to input either Alt+F4 or shut the game through the Task Manager.

I've uploaded the save game, as well as one from just before I enter the Temple onto Google Drive. The output log can also be found there. Judging by its contents, the game seems to run into the same issue as it does on PensivePenguin's side.

The Drive folder can be found here.

Thanks for the help,

Pringlos

I'm having this issue as well. Given the length of time this issue has stayed open, I guess that ends my play through of the Pillars games 😕

Dropbox link for save game  https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8q7lijsfhmxka7/Reyne (978c851e-3c07-4376-80bb-666d5bdb3567) (LAX-123ABCDEFGHI) autosave_0.savegame?dl=0. Output log attached. I'm not sure its the exact same issue though.

output_log.txt