Screen freeze (I've seen this posted before, but no solution)

maggaen

Question

hey, I recently bought the game and have been trying to get into it. That being said it's difficult with the constant freezing. The nature of the bug is widely reported on since august (from what i coild see); the screen freeze, the game runs in the background but it's impossible to play with the screen being frozen. the problem does not self-correct.

what i've tried; running the game in win 8 compatibility mode, running as administrator, running with higher processor priority, turning on/off telemetry. nothing so far have worked. suggestions?

1 answer to this question

Hello Maggaen,

I'm sorry you are getting these screen freeze issues.  There are a few bits of information, that if you could provide, we can take a look at to see what might be causing your particular issue.  If you could get the issue to reproduce and then send us a copy of your output_log.txt file along with a save file and a DxDiag report, that would be amazing.  If needed, you can find instructions on how to obtain these here.  If the files are too large to attach, please send them to me at support@obsidian.net along with your forum user name and a link to this thread to be used as a reference.

Thank you Maggaen, and sorry for the inconvenience these freezes are causing.