Forgotten Sanctum wrong final choice triggered

Wormerine

Question

After defeating Oracle, and talking the Wael I picked the option to give Wael's body to Councelhaut. However, after leaving the conversation I decided to kill Oracle instead (I assume that kills the body as she is "the brain).

However, when I returned to main hall were wizards were waiting for me, Councelhaut claimed to have new body and the discription mentioned tentacles even though he was floating by me and it was him speaking (skulls image, centered on him). 

See for yourself:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16SG5cUO_USj7Xht3RBpiDUkJ-3efcHS5/view?usp=sharing

6 answers to this question

Hi Wormerine. I think I've tracked down the issue, but I'd like to confirm. When you killed the Oracle, can you tell me which of the following options you chose?

[Kill the Oracle.] "I'm sorry, but you have to die. It's the only way."

[Kill the Oracle.] "Your favorite god gave me the go-ahead to chop you to pieces, eyeball."

[Kill it without warning.]

Hi Wormerine. I think I've tracked down the issue, but I'd like to confirm. When you killed the Oracle, can you tell me which of the following options you chose?

[Kill the Oracle.] "Your favorite god gave me the go-ahead to chop you to pieces, eyeball."

Oh boy. It must have been one of the first two. I am 75% sure it was “go-ahead to chop you to pieces” but might have been the 1st one.
  • Like 1

Oh boy. It must have been one of the first two. I am 75% sure it was “go-ahead to chop you to pieces” but might have been the 1st one.

Thanks!

• We've put in a fix for this, but it won't go live until 4.0.2 (presumably in January).

The fix is to the Oracle conversation, so getting the non-bugged version will require playing that conversation again. (Which will require fighting the Oracle.)

We could manually fix for your save, but it would need to be one prior to the conversation.  

I like your sig. That's one of my favorite lines I wrote for base game. :D

• Like 2

Glad to hear it. No worries about my save though - I fixed it soon after posting this issue by replaying the fight and during the conversation with Wael not entertaining the idea of giving Concelhaut his/her body.

I like your sig. That's one of my favorite lines I wrote for base game. :D

And I like your writing! Looking forward to whatever is your next project.
  • Like 1