Patch v3.1.0.0016 on GOG problem

Givemedanger

Question

Why are there 2 files for the latest update on GOG?

Patch (v3.0.2.0027 to v3.1.0016), English
Patch (v3.0.2.0027 to v3.1.0.0016), English

They have different sizes but only the first one works. The second one has an odd extension.

After installing the patch (v3.0.2.0027 to v3.1.0016) the game doesn't see my DLC's. I had the game version 3.0.2.0027 installed plus all the DLC's except the two cosmetic ones.

I had to download all of them again from GOG. I've downloaded the smaller ones and installed them again. The game can see them now.

I cannot download The Beast of Winter and Seeker, Slayer, Survivor DLC's because the installers are broken.

The main game installer is broken too. By broken i mean that the file sizes are smaller than they should be.

Is it GOG's fault with the patch?

Edited by Givemedanger
  • Like 1

5 answers to this question

The ".sh" extension is attached to a shell script for Unix-like OSes (Linux in this case). For some reason GOG is offering the Linux patch alongside the Windows patch.

The main game installer, patch, and DLCs are all broken for me too, I think it is from GOG's end.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon!

• Like 1

I've run into the same issue.  I'm assuming that the DLC was flagged for having a previous version number, but it would be nice if the program would figure that out during installation/updating.  But I'm also having issues with downloading SSS and BoW as well.  According to GOG, the file sizes should be 1.2 GB and 1.7 GB, but downloads stop after 640 MB and 211 MB, respectively.  Downloads are then considered corrupt and installation fails.  This also happens when I try to download via the website.  I've opened a ticket with GOG about this, but it's the weekend so I don't expect to hear anything til tomorrow.

It looks like they've updated SSS and BoW now.  I'm seeing the correct size on BoW, but SSS now has two installers, one for "3.1.0016" (670 MB) and one for "3.1.0.0016" (1.2 GB).  Might want to try the second one to see if that works.

Also, these problems were only for the Windows version.  I did a fresh install of the Mac version yesterday with no issues, including all of the DLCs.