How do exactly Noise work?

Not quite. All creatures have a maximum detection range of 12 meters. If you use something that has a "loud" noise that's within 12 meters of the creature, it will come and investigate. If you have a creature that can't see you, but is within that range, it will come and join combat.

An area where it's noticeable is:

Fort Deadlight, if your sneaking around in the dungeons and get into combat- other Principi can hear you if they are around the corner and join combat.

So it doesn't quite directly affect anything in combat- but can pull in more enemies.

Edited by Prince of Lies
  • Like 1

For me this is most obvious when planting traps. Planting a trap makes a slight noise. This noise will make enemies near it investigate and go near the trap. If you keep waiting by the trap (in stealth) they will most likely notice you.

I guess it's the same with combat noise and pulling more enemies.

Nerf Troubadour!

For me this is most obvious when planting traps. Planting a trap makes a slight noise. This noise will make enemies near it investigate and go near the trap. If you keep waiting by the trap (in stealth) they will most likely notice you.

Ya, I finally noticed the mechanism how works. By the way, are the traps useful? It seems that only 1 trap can be set at the same time, and the damage looks like quite low. 

Ya, I finally noticed the mechanism how works. By the way, are the traps useful? It seems that only 1 trap can be set at the same time, and the damage looks like quite low. 

Well, I've only recently begun on POE2 after having completed POE1.

But traps

1) gets stronger the further you get in the game.

2) Puts on lasting debuffs (weaken, sicken, blinded et cetera) that can help quite a lot for the time that they last. Blinded enemies miss a lot more and are flanked for example.

3) Each person (with mechanics?) can plant a trap. So you can theoretically plant 5 traps in advance.

Nerf Troubadour!

Too bad you can't place more than one trap at a time.  :p 

Well, I've only recently begun on POE2 after having completed POE1.
But traps
1) gets stronger the further you get in the game.
2) Puts on lasting debuffs (weaken, sicken, blinded et cetera) that can help quite a lot for the time that they last. Blinded enemies miss a lot more and are flanked for example.
3) Each person (with mechanics?) can plant a trap. So you can theoretically plant 5 traps in advance.

You can place traps without any points in mechanics. Also, they do not deal any extra damage and they do not get extended duration from anything except the +25% Damage and +25% Affliction Duration from the Fool's Shoes. 

They do, however, get:

+3 Accuracy per point of Mechanics.

+1 Accuracy per Character Level.

+1 Accuracy per Power Level.

+/-1 Accuracy per point of Perception above/below 10.

+0.25 Penetration per Power Level.

This makes using traps pretty mediocre, especially on POTD.

Edited by Prince of Lies
  • Like 1

Is this the only area in which noise comes into play? It seems strange how every Cipher spell has a noise value but it is made irrelevant by the fact that combat inevitably alerts all near by enemies to itself. I suppose if I was soloing and was trying to one hit enemies from stealth, the noise value would make sense. But that isn't exactly a common possibility in-game lol. Does anyone have an example of how it is relevant outside of traps? Maybe they will release a DLC that takes advantage of the feature

Is this the only area in which noise comes into play? It seems strange how every Cipher spell has a noise value but it is made irrelevant by the fact that combat inevitably alerts all near by enemies to itself. I suppose if I was soloing and was trying to one hit enemies from stealth, the noise value would make sense. But that isn't exactly a common possibility in-game lol. Does anyone have an example of how it is relevant outside of traps? Maybe they will release a DLC that takes advantage of the feature

Not sure.

With the latest patch I get the impression aggro ranges from loud combat sounds (like chanter roars) is increased, but otherwise sound is most likely a stealth issue. 

Nerf Troubadour!