What am I doing wrong with nuker?

I feel aloth kind of meh to me. All his nukes missed. But his nukes hurt the party pretty bad lol.

Im thinking to ditch him or my MC as wizard instead.

Otherwise only way is getting a barb with DW flail modal to get some reflex debuff?

Edited by Archaven

Just naming a few things you could use to improve nuking: Ring of Focused Flames, Devotion of the Faithful, Champions Boon, Crusted Swordfish, stacking Perception gear, Sun and Moon, Magran's Favour, Deltro's Cage, Potion of Ascention, Captain's Cabin in Dunnage, his Eldritch Aim.

Using reflex debuffing gizmos will help a ton, btw. You can consider Clear Out from Fighter. You can use Shadowflame or Freezing Pillar early in the fight--that will also reduce Reflex.     

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Use stuff like Misama of Dull-Mindedness. It lowers reflex and will as well as deflection a lot. Then cast Expose Vulnerabilites (targets will, reduces AR and deflection), then get an ACC buff in between and then nuke.

Chillfog is a great alternative when the Will will defense is high but Fortitude is low (usually it's either or).

Use Arkemy's Dazzling Lights from stealth (do not hit anybody) to lure enemies to s spot where they can be attacked with AoE spells all at once.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I have rings of focused flame, devotion, dire blessings, eldritch aim.

Arcane dampener, expose vulnerability all missed. Enemy stats has all over 100 defense stats. It's kinda crazy.

After few casting of misses, aloth is just a potato. On the other hand eder is a killing machine. Miasma, expose vulnerability, dampener all do nothing to enemies with stats over 100.

Chillfog possibly better due to aoe duration it has many roll attempts.

I kind of feel that the design of deadfire kinda bad or I possibly just playing plain bad. But my eder picking off enemies 1 by 1 easily.

Also at this point I think friendly fire kind of suxs. Position don't matter much anymore.

I feels first PoE much better? They need to add +1 spell accui per level back.

Thanks all for the help! Will try again.

Edited by Archaven

Well... yes.

Out of all the Infinities, Deadfire is the biggest stat fest. I am not too keen on that, either. Apparently people were complaining a lot during the first one that mages were too strong. So they decided to make everything more bullet spongy. 

Basically, if you want to make your nukes good(you can), you have to do more busy work ahead of time. Martial classes are more immediate and less micro intensive. Doesn't mean you can't nuke well. 

I soloed most of the game with Wizard multiclassed, and a lot of what I was doing was that--nuking. 

There are a few modals in the game, namely Club, Morning Star and Flail that will help you a ton, should you want to take that route. Your Eldritch Aim will give you a 50 % graze to hit. A Club modal strike will do -25 Will, which will make Miasma hit/graze more often. After Miasma lands it's much easier to follow up on other debuffing effects to further reduce deffences. In the mean time you can still use Morning Star and Flail Modal and you can stack so much debuffs that they go from 100+ to bellow 50. After that it's crits only. 

Or not bother at all. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Well... yes.

Out of all the Infinities, Deadfire is the biggest stat fest. I am not too keen on that, either. Apparently people were complaining a lot during the first one that mages were too strong. So they decided to make everything more bullet spongy. 

Basically, if you want to make your nukes good(you can), you have to do more busy work ahead of time. Martial classes are more immediate and less micro intensive. Doesn't mean you can't nuke well. 

I soloed most of the game with Wizard multiclassed, and a lot of what I was doing was that--nuking. 

There are a few modals in the game, namely Club, Morning Star and Flail that will help you a ton, should you want to take that route. Your Eldritch Aim will give you a 50 % graze to hit. A Club modal strike will do -25 Will, which will make Miasma hit/graze more often. After Miasma lands it's much easier to follow up on other debuffing effects to further reduce deffences. In the mean time you can still use Morning Star and Flail Modal and you can stack so much debuffs that they go from 100+ to bellow 50. After that it's crits only. 

Or not bother at all. 

thanks! i knew all this but i missed the miasma. thanks for the highlights to boroer and yourself :). the only issue i have the debuffs from weapon modals were just single target. so the nukes are meaningless for nuking single target. nuking were supposed to be aoe. crowd control. i feel first poe cc were much better.

they not need to do this stat fest. let wizards nukes. just up the enemies HP. nukes were meant to soften up the crowd. but it suxs when it doesn't do as what it's meant to do = nuke.

i kind of missed first poe now. kinda mixed feeling.

Edited by Archaven

You can actually use some martial strikes that will apply them in AoE. Clear Out, Heart of Fury and that Ranger's gizmo... there's stuff you can use.

Thanks! If not mistaken heart of fury is single class.

In my opinion I think deadfire is torned between single and multiclsss.

I think perhaps poe3 should all be multiclassed. But player have the option to focus more on either classes

Edited by Archaven