Skill checks on world map not working as intended

Bargoed

Question

I've had a few CYOA-style segments where a skill check is required to perform one of the actions, but when I select that action it chooses a random member of my party to perform the action without giving me the option (and then generally fails because of this). This has been continuous for a while now. Please help stop my party constantly walking straight into ambushes and sneaking around with all the skill of a group of drunken elephants :p

I tried replaying the encounter in question a bunch of times; every time with that party configuration the game would choose Aloth for the skill check. If I removed Aloth it would always be Eder, almost like it was selecting the second member of my party consistently. Only when I went down to two characters did it choose my PC, but I didn't want that anyway. Just thought it might be handy to know.

Link to save, output and dxdiag:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uLvfjbSR6IA9tiPmCj_sfxYwo5Yh9-ry/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if you need anything else!

post-88675-0-33306300-1538940029_thumb.jpg

post-88675-0-30463600-1538940034_thumb.jpg

2 answers to this question

Actually I've just had a thought - are some of these checks party-wide? Maybe I just hit them in a specific order and got a few party-wide ones in a row? Up until a few days ago every check I'd had (iirc) had allowed me to click a portrait.

Edited by Bargoed

Actually I've just had a thought - are some of these checks party-wide? Maybe I just hit them in a specific order and got a few party-wide ones in a row? Up until a few days ago every check I'd had (iirc) had allowed me to click a portrait.

I think some are and it shows you the result for the lowest skilled party member. If they pass, the party pass. Check if the chosen one was always the one with least skill.

✔ Certified Bat Food