Game freeze at the end of "Family Pride" quest

Mkall

Question

I didn't investigate this quest until well into my playthough (Well after encountering Eothas at Hasongo).  I sided with the Bardattos and even though I volunteered to only kill Atello Valera, I ended up killing all of them because I'm an overachiever.  I received by reward from Ezzali Bardatto and the quest was marked as completed.  Immediately after leaving the estate, the game loads and the camera shifts slightly indicating that a scripted scene may be starting.  At this point the screen sort of fades cursor reverts to the pointing finger.  Nothing can be selected, no other characters appear, the cut scene does not play out, although the background music and ambient sounds continue to play.

The autosave file immediately locks up as described above.  The manual save file is saved right before, one only needs to exit the estate in order to reproduce the event.  Since these files and the output_log.txt are too large for this post, II will send a link to them.

The only mods I have installed are additiional character portraits that I'm not even using in this particular character/game.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Hello Mkall,

I'm sorry Deadfire is freezing up on you during the Family Pride quest.  I've taken all the information you provided, along with the attachments you emailed me and put them into a bug report for the QA and Programming teams to investigate.  We will definitely let you know if there is anything else they might need to get a fix in.  If you do happen to discover anything else about this bug, please let us know on this thread as I will be linking it to the bug report as a reference.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Got the same issue over the weekend. Completed Family pride by killing the Valeras and returned to the Bardatto estate. Upon leaving the house the game freezes  runs up about 35 percent CPU and 4 GB of ram. There seems to be a group of people waiting outside and at one point I heard a female voice say "Mother". Can someone provide me info on uplaoding the crash file. 

Steam version.

Windows 10 64 bit 16GB RAM

Raedon R9200 graphics card. Updated the video drivers and downgraded the graphics to no effect. 

Hello Onioneer,

I'm sorry to hear you're having the same issue.  If you have those crash files, feel free to email them to me at support@obsidian.net as the forums can be kind of finicky about file sizes.

Thank you and sorry you've run into this.

Hey Mkall,

The team is still looking into the issue as it seems to be a graphical issue causing this freeze to occur.  While they continue to look into this, I can see about progressing a save of yours past this quest if you like as I'm unsure of when this issue will be resolved and a fix implemented into the game(same goes for you Onioneer).

Thanks folks, and sorry for the long fix on this one.

HAPPY UPDATE!

I received a new graphics card over Christmas, a GeForce GTX 1060 and this bug is no longer present.  My previous one was a Radeon R9 290.  I can continue my game!  Please let me know if you'd like new files which may help others with this bug.

Cheers!

• Like 1