Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Merciless Companion vs Vicious Companion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

cogwheel

cogwheel

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts

I may only be able to take one of these talents for Sagani. 

Anyone have any thoughts -- or even better, some actual math -- on which of these talents ultimately produces more damage? 

Qualifying for sneak attack won't be a problem.  Reliably provided that condition, is Merciless actually better?  Because at a glance, it seems like Vicious is still basically equal to Merciless, only it doesn't require a condition, ofc.

p.s. While I'm here, I also wanna ask:  does anyone ever take Accurate Wounding Shots?  Is it even worth it, or is the +accuracy it gives ultimately an unnecessary bonus and waste of a talent? I ask because Fortitude is generally one of the higher mob defenses, and I do want Wounding Shot to work almost every time she uses it.

Edited by cogwheel, 03 October 2018 - 01:05 PM.

draego

draego

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 801 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

i usually take the two animal talents over something like Accurate wounding shots. Its really easy to buff accuracy especially for ranger

Edited by draego, 03 October 2018 - 03:59 PM.

• cogwheel likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 12746 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Accurate Wounding Shots are a bit bugged: the +ACC only counts for the initial hit but not the hobbling. So I never take it.
  • cogwheel likes this

cogwheel

cogwheel

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts

Good to know.  Thank you for the responses, you two.  I know this game is mostly dead now, so I'm grateful.

Edited by cogwheel, 07 October 2018 - 11:31 PM.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 12746 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
The pet does great dmg if you also use Predator's Sense and Brutal Takedown. Perfect with the Persistence hunting bow.

The game is not patched anymore - but it's still a great game. :)

I'm still around - so if you have questions about game mechanics feel free to ask. I know one or two things about PoE. ;)

Edited by Boeroer, 07 October 2018 - 11:57 PM.

• cogwheel likes this

cogwheel

cogwheel

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts

Thank you!  I noticed in google that you're a fount of good information in threads here since 2015.  Hopefully Obsidian puts you in a game soon as an NPC, if they haven't already.  I remember they did that for Gromnir back in Throne of Bhaal. If he deserved it, so do you. :)

• Boeroer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users