Not sure if my mod is working or not

So I really like the look of the helm of the falcon and it fits my character's portrait, but it's recovery time bonus only effects 2 handed weapons which my character does not use. So I tried to change it by swapping the falcon helm's recovery time effect with the blade of the endless path's recovery time effect. However when I used the mod and examined the item the effect didn't show up in the description. Then I tried altering the raptors grip effect (the recovery time effect for the helm) by changing the source which originally said "two handed weapon" to "weapon". The in-game description has still not changed however.

How can I check if the mod is working? Is my mod not working or is there just something else I need to change to alter the description?

Second attempt is attached below. Though I have used notepad++ to edit files before this is much more complicated so I could be making a very stupid mistake.

Edit: For some reason the file I attached isn't here, probably because this is my first post here and it needed to be approved. Didn't see any rules against linking to sites like this, so here's another link.

Edited by 95spartans

Left-click on the portrait of the character who's got the item equipped, then right click on their weapons to bring up the information page. Hover over the recovery time number to see everything that's affecting it. Just changing TwoHandedWeapon to Weapon should work for that status effect, the description didn't change because that one isn't automatically generated. Where it says OverrideDescriptionString, change 545 to 1 and then the description should change to tell you exactly what the status effect does

• Like 1

Personally, I have noticed a number of different items are doing that exact thing for me right now.

Is it something like this? If this is the same, it may be a bug. This thread might need to move over to that forum. 

20181002231057_1.jpg

Left-click on the portrait of the character who's got the item equipped, then right click on their weapons to bring up the information page. Hover over the recovery time number to see everything that's affecting it. Just changing TwoHandedWeapon to Weapon should work for that status effect, the description didn't change because that one isn't automatically generated. Where it says OverrideDescriptionString, change 545 to 1 and then the description should change to tell you exactly what the status effect does

Thank you, did both of the things you suggested. The recovery number of one handed weapons isn't being effected while two handed weapons are and the weapon descriptions stay the same after changing the OverrideDescriptionString. Something else is wrong with the mod.

Edit: Sort of managed to get it working, although I had to change things directly rather than using the override folder. If I had to guess something is wrong with the {} and () in my mod.

Edited by 95spartans