Is Sacred Immolation nerfed to worthless-dom, too?

I noticed that most Paladin or Paladin multi-class builds did not include Sacred Immolation. Curious, I Googled it, and I hear people saying it's been nerfed tremendously in PoE 2 - just like Dragon Thrashed. One guy even claimed that you can easily do twice as much damage to yourself as to your foes - and that essentially the skill is now worthless. Is this really the case? My love of Paladins in PoE 1 was mainly based on Sacred Immolation, because I like low micro-management classes that are potent, too. (Hence, my love of Paladins and Chaters in PoE 1.) But now I am wondering if Paladins are worth it over the other martial melee classes or melee hybrids. So can Paladins still do other than take hits and survive now?

Paladins are still great in most of the ways you describe: they’re low micro, incredibly tanky, and have some pretty good offensive abilities.

Now Sacred Immolation itself isn’t that great without a specialized build. But Paladins are still pretty good.

Edited by whimper
  • Like 1

Paladins are still great in most of the ways you describe: they’re low micro, incredibly tanky, and have some pretty good offensive abilities.

Now Sacred Immolation itself isn’t that great without a specialized build. But Paladins are still pretty good.

Ah, got it. But how are they producing DPS now though? Go crit high build and spam FoD?

Ah, got it. But how are they producing DPS now though? Go crit high build and spam FoD?

Yes combine FoD with another class that has good fire attacks and use +PL fire items and ring of focused flame. Fanatic, Votary and Holy Slayer are all really good in terms of offense, also Templar although Templar is slower to get going. 

FoD is good with anything that has decent dmg bonuses. Like Rogue or Helwalker for example. If you can stack some more lashes those will multiply your dmg bonuses big time.

For example: Dragon's Dowry (30% burning lash) + Bleak Walker's FoD (+40 ACC with ring and modal, +2 PEN from Scion of Flame and Spirit of Decay) + Sneak Attack + Deathblows + Assassinate + Two Weapon Style + decent MIG pulverize most enemies.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods