Just need a little assistance with an idea

I'm returning to the game and I'm looking for a little fun with a certain setup for POTD. I'm going to run a Paladin, priest, wizard, Ranger, fighter, druid.

How can I have a priest that is great at melee and get high dps from spells? I've always had a backline priest and they always end up getting out dps'd by other classes.

What is a build for Ranger that can shred through potd? I would prefer a bow but I'll consider other suggestions.

I like the lady of pain(non range variant) for my fighter but could there be a better build?

I'm looking for a high crowd control/high dps build for wizard.

I love the tanky boar Druid build, but what are some other suggestions that could fill this kind of party nicely

Difficult to decide what kind of Paladin build I want to have. The counselor ploi build is cool, but it's just a few aspects that doesn't suit my play style.

A priest who can do decent melee damage (priest are awesome as nukers anyways) is something I called "St. Gangrene" build which circles around maxed out MIG and Tidefall. It's fun to play bit needs some levels to pick up speed (due to the lame starting values of priests which need to be compensated for with abilities/talents/spells).

It's a Priest of Berath. Use a Mountain Dwarf (being resistant to poison and diseases fits really well) or Coastal Aumaua, max MIG to 20, pick Living Lands.

Use Justice, then later Tidefall as weapon. At the start of the game use heavy armor. All gear that improves MIG (your goal is the Maegfolc Skull) and Attack Speed (Sanguine Plate can be nice). Blunting Belt.

Pick Veteran's Recovery, Inspiring Radiance, Weapon Focus Soldier, The Pallid Hand, Runner's Wounding Shot, Aggrandizing Radiance, Two Handed Style, Savage Attack.

You could also use Envenomed Strike early on and retain later (it's usefulness drops later in the game but it is very strong in the beginning).

Cast Holy Power/Champion's Boon/Minor Avatar + Devotions and go into melee. You can reach 35 MIG without consumables with 21 starting MIG, +4 from skull, +10 to all stats from Minor Avatar + Aggrandizing Radiance. The damage bonus from that is +75%. Also the +10 (and more with items) to INT is *very* beneficial for DoT spells like Shining Beacon and Holy Radiance (destroys most lesser vessels on the spot if it crits).

Wounding damage from Tidefall gets boosted by MIG. That means that the 25% raw lash get boosted to 25*1.75=~44% raw lash. And that's multiplicative dmg in addition to the +75% (+15+20) you do with the physical damage of the sword itself. Unfortunately the high INT lowers the dps (not the overall damage) of Tidefall but it also opens up some nice synergy with Cleansing Flame: if you cast Cleansing Flame on an enemy whom you hit with Tidefall several times (wounding DoT stacks) the ticks of wounding get doubled. This melts most big bosses very quickly. Especially if you combine it with Runner's Wounding Shot. This will apply two parallel raw DoTs on the target right away.

It's fun to play. Sure - a priest should maybe nuke the heck out of every fight with Minor Avatar and Shining Beacon, but it's lot of fun to see such how high melee dmg numbers on a priest. Also the accuracy is top notch with +10+6+10+5+20+superb+level. I would pick Doemenel for even nicer crit damage.

This also works well with a Magranite who uses the Belt of the Royal Deadfire Cannoneer and Forgemaster Gloves to use Firebrand. It works with Inspired Flame since it's a universal weapon. Just pick Scion of Flame and keep a backup weapon for the Flame Blights (immune to burn/piece aka Firebrand/Arquebus).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods