Killed Thaos, missed White March

So I've been playing the game slowly off and on since release.  I recently killed Thaos, then the game ended, without playing any White March content.  Is that it?  I thought White March and Deadfire would be new chapters in my characters story.  Was I supposed to stop with the original storyline when White March released?  Kinda confused.

White March is an "in-game" expansion. It adds content to the base game. It is not a seperate campaign. You can still play it as such though, by reloading pre ENDGAME save and doing the WM content. 

DLCs for Deadfire (Beast of Winter, Seeker, Slayer,Survivor, Forgotten Sanctum) add content to the base game as well. If Beast of Winter is any indication they gel with core game much better as well. Personally recommend to have those expansions if available on your first playthrough.

Edited by Wormerine

Consensus in forum discussion of WM is that it fits best if you go off and do the WM1 stories when you hit a "reasonable dramatic break" in the original storyline (there can be several) at around character level 7-8.  You have to make your own decision when to respond to the message from Stalwart, however.

Similarly, consensus seems to be that if you want to do WM2 without scaling up content, you should make an opportunity at around character level 11-12.

(Personally, I haven't found it that way.  Perfectly satisfied, as in "NOT scared ****less, or constantly reloading", with an L16 party for WM2 content.)

I did not go to WM until L16, the circumstance you find yourself in now.  It is fine.  Back up to a save and do it.  You will not feel shortchanged.

• Like 2

Adding to the above:

I presonally like to do WM1 around level 8, usually in the middle of the "investigate those three places" point as this my least favourite part of the game and I like to break up the monotony.

I usually go for WW2 after the hearing, but I am overleveled at this point but it is still fun. 

• Like 1

I like to do the WM1 just before the hearing so that I don't lose access to Defiance Bay. And I don't want to start act III just to regain access, because then I can't level scale.

Also, if I go to the WM and come back to finish act II, it will be too easy and boring.

WM2 I do last, just before act IV because I prefer to let some time pass between the two expansions.

sign.jpg