[2.1] Vela no longer appears after importing save

Runestaff

Question

I just applied the 2.1 patch and began a new game, importing a PoE1 save in which Vela was taken to Sun in Shadow. Upon reaching the post-shipwreck beach Eld Engrim now shows up alone and Vela is no longer anywhere to be found. Two previous playthroughs on older patches worked fine, so this appears to be a newly introduced bug with patch 2.1.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Hello Runestaff,

Thank you for letting us know about this.  I will put in a bug report and have the team investigate this issue so we can get a fix.  If you happen to discover anything else about this, please let us know as we will be using this thread as a reference for the bug.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience of this bug.

Having played further, it appears that the bug is that Vela does not appear (nor, obviously, have a conversation) with Eld in his initial encounter on the beach. After finishing the crew-gathering quest, exiting the cave and moving to the campfire, Vela magically appears alongside the other companions. She also appears on the ship, albeit with her usual lack of any meaningful dialogue.

This just happened to me in a new game I started today, as well - v3.0.1

Vela doesn't appear next to Eld on the beach, but after I collected him over by the campfire, some of his barks referenced her standing there, despite Vela not appearing.

Pallegina too may be affected by 3.01 a well. In an imported Pillars of Eternity 1 save where I fulfilled Galawain's wishes and she disobeyed orders, she was disgraced and showed up on the docks at Queen's Berth rather than the Palace.

Pallegina too may be affected by 3.01 a well. In an imported Pillars of Eternity 1 save where I fulfilled Galawain's wishes and she disobeyed orders, she was disgraced and showed up on the docks at Queen's Berth rather than the Palace.

If she disobeyed orders, she is supposed to be disgraced and will show up at queen's berth instead of the palace. It does not have anything to do with Galawain's wishes.