[BUG] "Missing DLC" appears across the Load button in load screen

drkemail

Question

Description:

I'm stuck.  "Missing DLC" appears across the Load button in load screen for last 7-10 saves. Lost entire day of play time.  When hovering over button, it says "Beast of Winter" DLC required, but I never purchased this DLC.  Game should not allow this to happen.  Please advise on what to do.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

Unsure of how to reproduce this issue.  My guess is that I was somehow allowed to do something in the game that requires the Beast of Winter DLC, which I never purchased.  Issue appears after restarting game due to slow performance (periodically necessary due to some sort of resource leak in the game).

System Specs

Mac OSX High Sierra 10.13.6 / Apple App Store

9 answers to this question

Hello Drkemail,

I'm sorry you are running into troubles with the unpurchased DLC blocking your ability to play your latest save games.  This should definitely not be the case as you should not have to purchase any extra content to play the base game.  I've contacted Apple Support in regards to this issue in the hopes they have a fix for this.  I will update you as soon as I get information from them about this issue and what resolutions they have.

In the meantime, do you recall what you were doing for each of the blocked saves and would you be able to provide me with a copy of one of the good saves as well as one of the blocked saves.  I want to see if we can compare these and find what may be going on.  You can either provide a link to your files via Dropbox or you may attach them to an email for us at support@obsidian.net. If you do email us, please link this post and mention your forum username so that we may identify you easily.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Hey Buddyzapfa,

You also purchased Deadfire through the Apple App Store?  I just want to be sure as the fix can be different depending on which platform the game was purchased.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience you're running into.

Hey Buddy,

I messaged Apple Support to see what they can do for us.  In the meantime, we just released the 2.1.0 patch and I was wondering if that may have fixed the issue for you.  Let me know when you can check it out :)

Thanks Buddy!

Hello Buddy,

Apple got back to me and requested a couple of files so they can look into your specific case and try to fix it for you.  The files they need are listed below.

~/Library/Containers/com.mpdigital.pillars2/Data/Library/Preferences/com.mpdigital.pillars2.plist
~/Library/Containers/com.mpdigital.pillars2/Data/Library/Preferences/com.mpdigital.pillars2.etc.plist

If you can send those to me at support@obsidian.net, I'll send them to Apple right away so they can take care of this for you.

Thank you Buddy!