I'm making non-unique trinkets which I'd like to be found as loot.  I've done a little poking around in the items.gamedatabundle, and it looks like adding something to a lootlist is just like adding something to a vendor(given vendors use lootlists too). There's a lot of lootlists, but adding something to them all looks like it's just a question of time, really. My first question is, is that basically right?

My second question is, knowing that mods clash when using the same vendor, presumably they'd clash when using the same lootlist. Say I added something to 10 lootlists, and another mod added something to one of those lists, there'd be a clash BUT would my mod still work for the remaining 9 lootlists? Or would the clash invalidate all the lootlists in my mod?

Posting this Q here rather than slack in hopes it'll attract the attention of the mighty BMac himself, since I don't know if anyone's done much with lootlists/non-unique items yet

That approach is right.

Yes, mods that alter the same loot list will clash and only one will win.  That won't invalid any of the other loot lists you modified - they'll still have your item in them.  I'm hoping to devise a way to allow lists on game data to merge and not clash, but we'll have to see what we can do.

I've added a new structure for v2.1.0 that you'll be able to use to add items to particular inventories in the game (for example, a particular shop) that will avoid clashes altogether.  However, you'd still want to modify loot lists in the way you describe if you were trying to add an item generally to loot throughout the game (for example, adding a new potion to the general potions loot lists).

• Like 3

I've added a new structure for v2.1.0 that you'll be able to use to add items to particular inventories in the game (for example, a particular shop) that will avoid clashes altogether.  However, you'd still want to modify loot lists in the way you describe if you were trying to add an item generally to loot throughout the game (for example, adding a new potion to the general potions loot lists).

If this means what I THINK it means, this is FANTASTIC news!!!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

You can add stuff to hostiles

The VERY first kill in the game is the Young Boar on the beach - I'm using this example cos everyone knows where to find the target.

If you've got a just landed on the beach - done nothing load that otherwise start a game and make any old quick character then get to the beach and save (this is an extremely useful save to have for modding)

Now go kill the Boar and you get Pork

Kill the game, install the stupid little mod attached and reload your beach save.

Kill Boar - Great Sword instead

There are 1,151 lootlists in 1.20 (not run the DB over 2.x yet - waiting for 2.1.0 now). Some are vendors while others are hostiles and loads of other things (shelves, bookcases etc). The problem is identifying what's where.

The lootlists are only referenced in levelxxxx - it is possible to work out which lootlists are in each levelxxxx and then work our which area that's in which narrows down the search a lot (not got around to this yet, simply saying it's not _too_ hard)

It's easy to find named targets, harder with things like shelves etc :)

pork.zip

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

I’ve been wondering if its a good idea to post this one for days

Yeah, it’s quite easy to avoid Mod clash with stringtables and gamedatabundles

The process is fairly simple...

Load game data

Load expansion(s)

Load each mod checking for conflict - string or ID clash

If a clash is found randomise a safe number to replace the bad one

That’s stage 1

Loot lists require a merge but we’re positive there’s no clash from stage 1

Load loot list

Merge expansion

Merge mod

Nothing is changed in the mod - this all happens internally

If I get FRED as some key info twice I randomly generate HARRY and replace

I’m simply dynamically adapting to solve the issue

An superior method is to namespace Mods then both versions co-exist

It HAS to be noted that we can’t do any of these things

This is a list of observations for BMac

I’m gonna start clash detection next week

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks