[2.01] Ending Slides Claim I dumped Xoti?

hayt

Question

Hello!

Just finished Deadfire and really loved it. One confusing moment however was right at the very end when it accused me of "taking Xoti's virtue" and then dumping her in an ending slide. How hurtful! I assume this is a bug of some sort and while *I* know that I didn't do the deed I worry that if we import saves into the next game the system might import this as a choice.

The rest of the ending slides seem totally fine -edit: see note below actually- (as Xoti ends up with Maia happily) but this one seems a little out of place. I can't seem to upload any save games as an attachment but I'll put it here so anyone can see. Secondary upload of save files is here too

If there any other files or details I could provide please let me know so we can fix this bug :)

Additionally if anyone knows a way to fix this on my end by editting something please do let me know.

Edit:

Looking at the options for ending slides on the Pillars wiki I have noticed it appears that Xoti is displaying the "in a relationship with Eder" slide and Maia is displaying the "in a relationship with Xoti" slide. I am unsure if this is a bug as the relationship with Eder is a friendly one while the one with Maia is romantic. If anyone knows if that is also a bug please do share.

I have made a youtube video of my ending to show clearly what is going on

Edited by hayt

3 answers to this question

Hello Hayt,

I'm sorry to hear about the end result with Xoti(she's a sweet lass).  I'm not exactly sure what all of the potential end states are or what you chose as options during your playthrough, but I'm going to create a bug report for this to have Narrative look into the issue.  Hopefully they can see some information about the choices made with the saves, but they can at least look at the Narrative trees to see if there is anything that might go wrong.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Thank you for your continued support, Hayt!

• Like 1

Hello Hayt,

I'm sorry to hear about the end result with Xoti(she's a sweet lass).  I'm not exactly sure what all of the potential end states are or what you chose as options during your playthrough, but I'm going to create a bug report for this to have Narrative look into the issue.  Hopefully they can see some information about the choices made with the saves, but they can at least look at the Narrative trees to see if there is anything that might go wrong.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Thank you for your continued support, Hayt!

Thanks! If any poor soul is interested in exactly what choices I made during my playthrough in order to make the info clearer for bug fixing I'll fill them in. The short version is I turned down Xoti's advances when she first made them. Was neutral of her comments about Eder and supportive of her and Maia (which based on their ingame banter is how they ended up).

Edited by hayt